GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
RIP to those two guys.

RIP also to proper journalism. Talk about not getting all your facts straight.:chairshot

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
a 3.8L skyline that's unusual

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might as well have been a Nissan Primera picture considering it was a 35 he crashed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Real shame :(

But I agree with mookistar. They need to get there facts right!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
At least they got a picture of a Skyline.
Which matched the words in he report, even if it wasn't the car...

As for the obsession over the reg number, you can only assume daily mail readers will think that makes the drive a bit of a nob...

And it doesn't read Whos Bad, it was an 06 reg, not an 05. :rolleyes:

Sad to hear of the incident though, the road iss not the place to be showing off the performance and roadholding of an R35. Or you lack of driving skill or inability to evaluate risk.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That's the problem with many powerful modern cars, the driver input / feedback is so minimal, that 100mph feels like 40mph, giving inexperienced drivers a false sense of security and resulting in incidents like this!

The number plate says it all!

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Two people are dead.

Who gives a shitty tit if some hack isn't an expert on GT-Rs?!

Jeez....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Two people are dead.

Who gives a shitty tit if some hack isn't an expert on GT-Rs?!

Jeez....
+1

does not matter what cat it was, 2 guys dead and 2 families without dads :( All for a bit of showing off. I guess most of us have done this but got away with it. This is a sad reminder of how easy it is to go wrong.

R.I.P. to the 2 guys

Jeff

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
It is very sad that these people have had to lose their lives but that wright up with the daily mail has got to be some kind of a joke ! Even a child could have got more facts together than that seriously ! Really how can some one be a journalist and wright such crap :squintdan

·
Registered
861 Posts
A very sad time... RIP to the two guys,but the journalist is a complete nob...

·
Registered
689 Posts
This was local to us, from what I have heard from a friend who is a police officer at the scene, he was showing off to the passenger who he had just picked up :(

The car was an R35, I am lead to believe he only saw his friend as he was passing Asda and offered to take him for a run in the car.

·
Registered
774 Posts
That's sad news.... R.I.P to the two gentlemen who lost their lives... Thoughts go out to the families

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Fcuking Jurno's

As most of you are indicating RIP never good to hear of anyone losing thier life

·
Registered
381 Posts
RIP to the unfortunate victims and sad for their families..

I'm probably gonna be a bit un-popular for saying this, but here goes..

One of my relatives decided (after seeing my R34GTR and being 'inspired') to go out and buy himself an R35GTR. Like a lot of folks who have either not driven a car with that much power before, or only ever (like the relative in question) driven an M3 / equivalent fast on a motorway (and thus assumes he is capable of handling any 'fast' car) seems to believe all the blurb he reads on the internet and hears from his mates. He thinks he can handle the car really well, and if he gets into trouble, that the car will practically 'sort itself out' for him.

The car is not sentient, it's not magic, and as much as Jeremy Clarkson waxes lyrical about it's amazing abilities on tv, it can and will still lose control if the muppet behind the wheel is trying to show off.. It's so sad that in this instance it ended in tragedy.

Oh, and the Daily Mail is Cack....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts