GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
K66 is a originals enthusiast, let***8217;s not beat him up too much for that. I greatly preferred driving my R33 but there is no question that my R35 is faster in every respect.

I would prefer to own An r33 or r34, but the r35 is faster and more practical.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I also would say you have to work hard at an RB26 to keep up with the 35, which is in comparison completely effortless, which is why it feels so much faster.
Interesting I have completely the opposite impression. I have never driven a R35 but was taken out in one at Bruntingthorpe a few years ago and found the experience completely underwhelming. It was fast but I thought it felt slow even through it was 20mph faster my r33, the V6 also sounded rubbish.

The complete opposite to my first r32 experience which prompted me buying my r33

Up to that point I was planning an R35, after it I bought my project R32

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Driving some cars its hard to really get a feel for the speed you are doing. I find that the 35 handles the feel of speed very well. There is no real engine sound in the cabin and even with the Miltek on I find the exhaust very quiet.

Compare this to the S/C 370z I had which was much noisier in the cabin, the feel of speed was heightened. Is this the fault of the 35, i dont think so. Its meant for that cross between speed and touring. I often look down and think, oops.

Once upon a time I borrowed by brothers Rover 214i. That thing scared the jeebies out of me at 30mph.........

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Which post were these figures found from?
I am amazed there is less than half a second in it?
The same Topic I posted up earlier in this very Thread :-

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/380298-so-600hp-gtr-faster-then-600hp-skyline-gtr-9.html

The one where I also posted this scan from Evo magazine on the 10th August 2015....

Which you now cannot read because of Photobucket.

I smell troll.
Says the regularly triggered name calling snowflake....:bowdown1:

K66 is a originals enthusiast, let’s not beat him up too much for that.
Thanks very much for those kind words Simonh!:)

I'm just not going to be bullied into some sort of submissive silence by tinkerbell and His pathetic rants or ridiculous personal slurs just because I don't happen to be an R35 disciple and 110% agree with Him.

Interesting I have completely the opposite impression. I have never driven a R35 but was taken out in one at Bruntingthorpe a few years ago and found the experience completely underwhelming. It was fast but I thought it felt slow even through it was 20mph faster my r33, the V6 also sounded rubbish.

The complete opposite to my first r32 experience which prompted me buying my r33
Thanks for posting that David, I couldn't agree with you more!:)

Once upon a time I borrowed by brothers Rover 214i. That thing scared the jeebies out of me at 30mph.........
WOW! That takes me back to my Apprentice days when we had to use the Company's 214LSi's and 216GSi's as pool Cars, Scary Motors indeed!:chuckle:

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Clearly your some kind of blind illiterate tool.

If I was such a big fan boy of R35***8217;s why did go back and own an R32?

Now f*** off and take your poncy memes with you.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I recently had a chance driving the M4 GTS which was incredible from a driving point of view over an R35 which feels heavy and numb even though it***8217;s fast.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
A Good thread. Its good to see that people have got their own opinions.
Mine is this having owned a 33 for ten years and driven my brother's 35 recently at speed and normally.
Both are good cars. The 35 is more comfortable and feels more capable. The gearbox is so quick, and the power band seems constant. The interior feels well put together and it turns heads. The only thing is; for all the performance, there is something missing. Some kind of feeling that more is actually less somewhere but you cant put your finger on it until you get back into a skyline.
Once back in the skyline you realise, its actually more fun. It***8217;s more involved; same reason BMW seem to be going back to manual gearboxes on some of their M's (as an example not affiliated to GTR***8217;s ) and considering the skylines are platformed on late 1980's tech; they are still good even now.
So for me, as a driver's car the skyline gets my vote. (for a second car that is and not a daily)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I recently had a chance driving the M4 GTS which was incredible from a driving point of view over an R35 which feels heavy and numb even though it’s fast.
Is the M4 GTS really better than an R35? I've driven an F80 M3 standard (2015, pre-LCI) with DCT for quite some time and I was not very impressed. The exhaust is overwhelmingly loud, the car actually sounds pretty good at maybe 7/10ths throttle but at WOT it just goes full lawnmower.

The steering is dead regardless of setting, comfort mode is best IMO.

It is very stiff, even on comfort mode. On the edge of what I'd consider to be acceptable in a car. The M4 GTS is supposedly even stiffer which is just nuts to me. The DCT is good though, maybe not flawlessly smooth like Porsche PDK/VW DSG but still very good and direct.

I didn't like how tall the hood was. Pedestrian safety + the top mounted charge cooler really makes for a super tall hood. Feels like I can't really see where the hood ends even when I adjust the seat as high as it can go.

Also the usual crank hub concerns really makes it feel like you shouldn't try to actually push the car very hard.

Fuel economy is exceptional for what it is though. Keep it off boost and it delivers 28 mpg US/33 mpg UK.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Yes I***8217;ve seen many recent reviews about the vague steering on modern M cars.

That***8217;s one thing you can***8217;t label any model of GT-R on being!

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Clearly your some kind of blind illiterate tool.

If I was such a big fan boy of R35’s why did go back and own an R32?

Now f*** off and take your poncy memes with you.
Trying once again to show off your eloquent grasp of English vocabulary Cupcake?!:chuckle:

A Good thread. Its good to see that people have got their own opinions.
How very true, Anything that gets people regularly posting up on the Forum once more has got to be a good thing IMHO!

The only thing is; for all the performance, there is something missing. Some kind of feeling that more is actually less somewhere but you cant put your finger on it until you get back into a skyline.
Once back in the skyline you realise, its actually more fun. It’s more involved;
Yup! I once shocked a Nissan Salesman by saying virtually the exact same speech as this Jimbostir when I tried a MY14 GT-R. He then called over a few of His Colleagues and then we all had a lengthy discussion of both the good and some bad points too.

Eventually I was asked if I'd eventually trade up from my Skyline to one and my answer was No. To this day I don't think they understood that the new generation of GT-R's are missing the originals character and especially its soul!

Without these unique traits, Desirability (of Ownership) just wasn't there for me.

JM2PW!:)

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
Eventually I was asked if I'd eventually trade up from my Skyline to one and my answer was No. To this day I don't think they understood that the new generation of GT-R's are missing the originals character and especially its soul!

JM2PW!:)
For me Nissan made 2 mistakes with the 35.

Fitting runflats on the car did not give it the correct feel for UK roads. Yes it will handle better at high speed, but the car feels like it is sat on top of the road rather than dug into it ready to grip. I could live with them but knew there was no tyre that suited the car perfectly.

Secondly the size of the wheels are too big-yes they look good but in my opinion this has not helped with the handling or feel through the steering wheel.

I recall the time I changed from the 17" wheels I had on my 33 to 18" to upgrade the brakes and always felt the car didn't feel as planted after that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive a 98 r33 gtr spec 3 and a TT supra (the supra is a factory manual n/a converted to TT). Ive had both cars a long time.

I had considered selling both to get an R35. I can't put my finger on what appeals to me so much about the r35 but i have a gut feeling id regret it afterwards.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you considered renting an R35 for a week? I think that would be long enough to get a better idea for whether you really would like living with one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What kind of value would be put on the two cars i wonder?

Gtr is a 98 spec 3 with 175k kms. I had it rebuilt by tdp a good few years back, r34 turbos, forged pistons, mines clocks, mines front pipe, titanium exhaust and it made 444whp (484fwhp). Nearly new Rf1's 18x10.5.

Supra is 94 sz with 135k kms. It has basically a stock 2jzgte vvti in it. Trd shocks, hks exhaust, fmic. Its running near stock boost so id day its around 350fwhp. Manual 5 speed. I did a full service including wp, tb etc on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you considered renting an R35 for a week? I think that would be long enough to get a better idea for whether you really would like living with one.
Personally yes I have.

But the fever broke and i got better.

I have a 34 V-Spec and would not, in any conceivable universe, swap to a 35.
Too big.
Too heavy.
Too UGLY. (the kink in the rear roof line makes me want to hurl)
Too Renault.

(thought i'd get in before the thread gets locked)
Have a great/night day all!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts