GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:wavey:

While waiting for my R35, I was wondering what an original Skyline GTR PGC10 (is that the right designation?) would cost and if you still find some?

Because I absolutely love that car, I love the looks and the sound and the whole heritage. I thought it would be a nice addition to my fathers collection;)

They seem to be VERY expensive.

Cheers!

·
Vendor
12,683 Posts
I have a trusted buyer searching for one right now, alot of of rustly relics im afraid. Prime examples fetch huge sums of money so be prepared to dig deep into the pocket.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Unless you have money to burn, or you want it for collectability,
I would get a GTR replica and throw in an rb26 or something similar in there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Alternatively try an r31, there was one on Flea-Bay last year but havent seen many more in the UK. Always got the impression that they might make a cheap(er) import

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have a trusted buyer searching for one right now.....
Is he actually searching for a genuine PGC10 on your behalf, then?

GC10, KGC10 and KGC110 'GT' and 'GT-X' models are a completely different level of availability, affordability and practicality than PGC10, KPGC10 and KPGC110 'GT-R' models.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies,

Now I tried to get around all those designations but I haven't managed to get all the subtle differences,

I would love to to get one of the "Hakosuka". As far as I understand the ones with a P are the GT-R's, no?
And the 110 is the following model of the seventies?

Hope I'm right, but I guess in the end I'll just have to call an importer to see what's what.

So P30 you seem to own one of them then, is there any occasion where one would be able to see that car? Not that I want to buy it, but just to touch one one and see in the flesh?

Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love one exactly like in my avatar!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Now I tried to get around all those designations but I haven't managed to get all the subtle differences,

I would love to to get one of the "Hakosuka". As far as I understand the ones with a P are the GT-R's, no?
And the 110 is the following model of the seventies?

Hope I'm right, but I guess in the end I'll just have to call an importer to see what's what.
If you are really serious about buying one of these cars, then the best course of action ( and surely this is quite natural? ) would be to find out as much as you can about them yourself. Asking an "importer" for advice is all very well, but there is perhaps too much potential for difference between what he thinks you want, and what you think you want. If at least one of you is not completely up to speed on the original specs of these cars - let alone what might have been done to it over its near 40 year life - then it can lead to disappointment.

Yes, some of the C10 and C110-series Skylines with the 'P' code in their chassis prefix are the real S20-engined 'GT-R' models ( PGC10, KPGC10 & KPGC110 ), but watch out for the PC10 and WPC10 and VPC10 'short nose' models, which were fitted with the Prince-derived four cylinder G18 engine.

TomTomGTA said:
So P30 you seem to own one of them then, is there any occasion where one would be able to see that car? Not that I want to buy it, but just to touch one one and see in the flesh?
Unfortunately you just missed a good opportunity, as my KPGC10 was displayed on Nissan's stand at the Goodwood Revival Meeting last weekend. If you ever find yourself in the London area, you would be welcome to come and see the car in person. However, as it is prepared as a period-correct track / race car it might not be a good reference point for what you want to buy.

TomTomGTA said:
I would love one exactly like in my avatar!
This proves my point. I believe that is actually a modified KGC10 'GT' or 'GT-X', which - as I was saying above - is quite a different proposition to a real 'GT-R'........

If you are happy with something that just looks like that, then you don't really need to buy a real GT-R. It is rather similar to having a 1500 GT Mk.1 Ford Cortina 'dressed up' on the outside as a twin-cammed Mk.1 Cortina-Lotus. You can have the 'the look' ( and the reflected kudos and glory of the Lotus if you stick a repro Lotus badge on it ) but for much less money, and with a lot more flexibility and affordability.

Alan T.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot Alan:thumbsup:,

can you recommend any good reading on the subject, because there seems to be a lot of crap and contradiction on the internet and magazines.

I would really like a real GT-R as I see little point in driving around in a fake, I mean that's like wearing a fake watch, I don't care about other peoples kudos I only care about mine;).
I understand there is a lot of research to do and I think I might have to go to Japan to be really shure, nice idea for holiday next year!

Anyway thanks a lot!

·
Registered
856 Posts
can you recommend any good reading on the subject, because there seems to be a lot of crap and contradiction on the internet and magazines.
I have lots of books and magazines on the subject, but it's hard to recommend any single one of them as being better than the others. If you really get into the subject, you'd probably want to collect as much as you can anyway.

One of the better - and more recent - titles was published by Geibunsha as a spin-off from Nostalgic Hero magazine. It's called the 'C10 Skyline Complete Book' ( ISBN978-4-87465-917-5 ) and it covers the whole C10-series range, not just the GT-R models. This is useful, as it shows where the GT-R models fitted into the range and what parts are different from the other models.

To be honest, my favourite kinds of literature are the factory parts lists and workshop manuals. The factory parts list for the 2-door Hard Top models is one of the best ways to learn about the technicalities of the car. There are hundreds of drawings and the whole thing can answer questions that you didn't even know you needed the answer to!

If this itch of yours still needs scratching in a few weeks ( and turns out to be more than a passing fancy ) then PM me with your postal address and I'll send you some literature and DVDs that you might enjoy.

Cheers,
Alan T.

·
Vendor
12,683 Posts
Is he actually searching for a genuine PGC10 on your behalf, then?

GC10, KGC10 and KGC110 'GT' and 'GT-X' models are a completely different level of availability, affordability and practicality than PGC10, KPGC10 and KPGC110 'GT-R' models.
A cloned GTR, i have pm'd you:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts