GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my front right cv shaft boot is ripped and i need a new one i live in canada just want to know if i can get it from dealership. i found the boot replacement, but i dont know how to change the boot and instructions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the exact issue with the cv joint boot. The only place a found was the nissan dealer. Its 60$ for wheel side boot(only one boot lol quite expensive)and around 250 for the complete front set which is 4 boot. For instruction you can easily found it on google.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I replaced my front boots using the universal stretch ones. Cheap and easy to fit. They stretch over the CV joint, so you don't have to dismantle the drive shaft or take it out of the car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm in the UK so went down the local car spares shop. I don't think its a difficult item to buy.

You get a plastic cone to help stretch the boot. Warm up the boot in hot water, put loads of WD40 or equivalent on the joint and cone and pull the boot over the cone and cv joint.

When buying them, just make sure the sizes of the boot match the diameter of the CV joint at its widest and the shaft at its narrowest end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.