GTR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi,

If you was to import one from Japan, it would cost a damn lot cheaper than one allready in the UK. I've recently been researching how much it would cost me to bring one over in 2 years, and considering the price of the car in Japan alone, is about £6-7K, you could bring one over here for about £9-£12K.

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Jeff,
I believe the Automatic GTT makes even less power and torque at the flywheel than the manual. :eek:

De-tuned, so-to-speak, at the factory :(

·
Registered
811 Posts
It really depends on the condition of the GT-T too.

The reason I mention this is because i had the oxygen sensor fail on my previous car, my black GT-T. This caused the boost to drop 1/3 off its normal max boost and seriously limit how much power the car give out. In order to diag problems like this you'll need to take the car to Middlehurst where they can plug in their computer and get back a report of if anything is broken. Also the boost sensor can be problematic too. The boost should go right upto to 1.0 bar clean and fast. I also got middlhurst to check the air/fuel mixtures too at the time.

I must admit though that the R34 GT-R V-Spec in standard form still feels quicker (but not much tho!!) but thats because my old GT-T had an exhaust, hks filter, hks plugs and ran 1.bar boost.

Trev

·
Registered
811 Posts
Elliot,

Sure you could bring one over into the uk for about £12-14 in 2 years from now depending on condition. . . BUT . . . the car would be 3+ years old then and have more mileage, more owners and more chance for hidden accident damage in Japan.

Also consider that cars already over here, the GT-T's (probably only around 20-30 kicking around in the whole of the uk) can currently be picked up for 17-20k and most are less than 3 years old (99-01 examples).

Therefore in 3 years from now an existing car woud be going for 13-16k depending on mileage and condition. Also bear in mind that a lot of owners needed insurance mandatory cat q trackers and cat 1 alarms in this country which will have cost original owners paid £900-£1000 to install for both and then there's buying a new radio/cd changer £400. Plus all history is recorded when its over here.

You may as well save more money and buy a newer GT-T. It will have less miles and be a much nicer example. Don't skimp because the cost of parts is prohibitive... new ones are very unlikely to break but as the get older doggy ones in 2 years time and be horrified to pay £600 for a new xyz sensor, etc...

Trev

·
Registered
520 Posts
190bhp at the rear wheels seems a little low for the GTT. Was the speed limiter still in place?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your information on R34 GT-t's. :) I will bear it in mind, when it comes to importing one.

Enjoy your GTR. :D

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a GT-T and GTR Vspec and couldn't agree more with your review there. Spot on mate.
I'm not sure the GT-T has an LSD as standard though. I think it might have been an option as its pretty easy to spin up the inside wheel on tight corners in my GT-T... It may be that I've worn it out though!

Rich

21 - 29 of 29 Posts