GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Skyline R-34 V-spec but i have a small problem of location. i'm in chicago IL. does anyone know how much it would cost to get it imported and street legal. and also if the mods they do to make the skyline legal slow it down at all

please help!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
WantaSkyline said:
I want to buy a Skyline R-34 V-spec but i have a small problem of location. i'm in chicago IL. does anyone know how much it would cost to get it imported and street legal. and also if the mods they do to make the skyline legal slow it down at all

please help!!!!
There are two ways you can go about getting your R34 V-spec. 1 is give motorex a call in Gardena, Ca and order one through them (310-523-2233). They have a white r34 v-spec II for sale right now for about 90k. Their website is www.motorex.net

The other way (cheaper way) is go through these guys (J's Garage) www.j-garage.com

The GT-R's they sell are at JDM prices (very low). Buy one through them and they can ship it to MotoRex for the legalization process. The coversion charge for an R34 is 25,000 dollars.

So, for example... Buy an r34 gt-r through j's garage for 40k. Then, shipping and legalization process is around 31k. Total cost 71k. Better than paying 90k going straight through motorex.

N

·
0 Posts
WantaSkyline said:
and also if the mods they do to make the skyline legal slow it down at all

please help!!!!
Motorex's legalization process doesn't slow the car down at all.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Yes but the VS2 that Motorex have is brand new(delivery kms) while the ones you buy in japan second hand have a few thousand kms and are genuanly used cars.

N

·
0 Posts
DCD said:
Yes but the VS2 that Motorex have is brand new(delivery kms) while the ones you buy in japan second hand have a few thousand kms and are genuanly used cars.
True, but you may be better off going through J's garage because most of the time these lightly used JDM cars will have some performance goodies that come with the car already.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Point taken. But it would be such less of a hassle to just go to Motorex and drive your new GTR V-spec 2 home. I know the car is new and never used as bnr34vspec2nur (Jeff) from this forum owns it.
Matter of priorities really....ie time vs money...

N

·
0 Posts
WantaSkyline said:

please help!!!!
Could you settle for an R33 GT-R? $43,000 and it's yours. The only Midnight Purple GT-R legalized in the U.S. to date!!! How's that for exclusive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you settle for an R33 GT-R? $43,000 and it's yours. The only Midnight Purple GT-R legalized in the U.S. to date!!! How's that for exclusive.

Where are your Located in Chicago, and how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thank you Dino for selling my car for me ;)

Yes I am the owner of the white 2001 R34 GTR V-spec II, it is for sale at $95,500 USD from Motorex. It is brand new, it has 114 delivery miles on it. It still have all the factory protective plastic on it. The car have been taken great care of ever since it landed in L.A. I waxed it personally 3 days after the car arrived.

The only reason I am selling it is because I can't help to get myself a 2002 R34 GTR V-spec II Nur when Nissan announced it. It is really Nissan's fault. :p I would love to keep it and have 2 white R34 GTR, but the thought of being in debt kept me from doing it (believe me, I think about this every few days) :(

Since the production of the R34 GTR is offically stop, it is getting harder as everyday goes by to get a brand new R34 GTR. This white V-spec II is also the only legalized R34 V-spec II in the whole U.S. It is not a cheap car, but trust me, this car is worth every penny. I have look at brand new 996 TT, new NSX and used F355 before I bought my car, the NSX came close, but I am really glad I have this car now.

Please contact me or Motorex if you are interested in my car.

Jeff

N

·
0 Posts
WantaSkyline said:

Where are your Located in Chicago, and how many miles are on it?
There are around 23,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino......that is actually the reason I need to sell my V-spec II, as I am getting a little tired of driving a stock GTR :( :eek: :p :D :cool:;) :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts