GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the winter time it is inevitable that we will no doubt have some Skyline's involved in some nasty accidents.

I am sorry to Report that another R33 is no longer with us

On Sunday 13 Jan 2002 in the early evening some were out side Oxford, A red R33 Skyline meet with a car possible pulling out from a side Road with out warning (Details are still not Clear)

Due to this superior strength of the Skyline both our friend Weston and the driver are OK, all be it with a short stay in Hospital.

I visited Weston on Saturday 19th Jan 2002 in the John Radcliff Hospital in Oxford were after some repair work to his Leg he is now up and about all be it with some pain.

He told me that all the details of what happened are still unclear to him and the Driver.

Information that has come to light was it took the Fire brigade two and half hours to cut Driver and Passenger free, Which involved cutting the roof to get Weston from the Passenger seat, both air bags Were set off.

There has been no information yet from the police about the incident and Weston is still unclear to the events leading to the collision.

I would like to wish Weston and his Lady friend a Speedy recovery from all at the GTR register And If there is any thing we can do to help please lets us Know how ever small or large

Bruce

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Here, here, good luck to all involved,

Just brings it home really, That was my birthday as well..

even when you are being careful there are always the other twocers on the road.

/Steve

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Yep, very best wishes to Weston and his friend for a speedy recovery.

Bruce,

Was Weston's friend driving Weston's car or does his friend also have a red 33?

Peter.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Me too...

Met Weston at Brands on his first trackday which he greatly enjoyed, he was due to do his next soon, so sorry to here of his accident, hope he and his friend recover speedly

Like Peter E, I wonder was it Weston's car ?

Regards

Ron

·
Registered
312 Posts
Best Wishes

Would just like to add my very best wishes and hope that both Weston and his friend make a speedy and full recovery...

Stu

·
Registered
994 Posts
Get Well Soon Guys,
Henry.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm out & about I got away with a broken thigh which is now pinned & can bear my weight but i can't bear the pain. The driver was more knocked about (that was the side that took the impact) but nothing broken.

I've attached a couple of images if you want the first convertable let me know....

And It was my car I let someone drive it for 3 or 4 minutes.

Weston

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
I went and looked at the car this afternoon & also can confirm the safety of the Skyline, its difficult to see how we got out with such minor injuries.

The other vehicle's also .. three vehicles involved mine & another & a third car .... but I 'm still unsure of what went on exactly.

But I'm really glad that everyone got away with it.

Weston

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Crash

Glad to hear you are OK Weston and freind.

It just goes to show no matter how good a driver or how careful we are there is always the other drivers.

Have a speedy recovery mate !

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
weston and friend

Glad you are both ok and wish you both a speedy recovery
Gary

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Weston, sorry to hear about the accident. The car looks a right mess, glad you don't drive a mini! Testament to the strength of the car. Hope the leg improves and the insurance gets sorted (cue new car). It does seem that there have been a few skylines disappear over the winter period:(
Hope this is the last.
See you soon mate,
Dave W

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wishing a speedy recovery

Weston and Friend,

Sorry to hear about the accident, just glad you're both OK.

Hope you have a speedy and painless recovery.

Best wishes,

STU

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Alive and Kickin

Thats the main thing.

Pics of the car are horrendous and as mentioned a testament to the Skyline but also a vivid reminder of what can happen in this crazy car world.

Best wishes to you and your pal Weston.

glen

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Re: Crash

Paul.GTR34 said:
It just goes to show no matter how good a driver or how careful we are there is always the other drivers.
Hit the nail on the head.

Good to hear you're ok Weston (and friend).

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Best Wishes for a speedy recovery...

All very sobering, very scary to see the state of the car. Like Guy I dread the day one of us doesn't get out.

Good to hear your on the mend and that everyone is OK.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts