GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
West..

Brucey told me about what happenend and shocked to hear about it. Wanted to get up to Oxford to say hi. Did Bruce make it in the end? We were all very concerned and just glad that you are ok.
As you know my GTR suffered a similar fate and all I can say is that I am glad we can meet up in a pub somewhere and just to say hi. As said, it is a justice to the cars that they are so strong and in both our cases they saved our lives.
Sorry to hear about your injuries and I hope you are able to heal from them.
If there is anything you need then you know where we are.
[email protected]

Nick w.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only found out about this yesterday and I am still shocked!!

I met Weston in Heathrow on a stopover before travelling abroad and all I can say is that his Skyline was the fastest car that I have been in in my life. It is such a shame to see such a beautiful skyline go but I am glad that you and your friend are ok and determined to get another Skyline!:) A Black one you know you want it!!

You are the only person on this board who offered to meet me and you are such a good peoson I hope that this all works out for you. ;) I have my head out of the ground now and I hope to see you over here in Ireland soon,

Skyline:cool:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a sticker " My other cars a Skyline"

Thanks for all the posts .... We did get off very lightly.

I'm back at work so is the driver day time Tv and the fact I've no
money is a great encouragement to get on with life.

I will be getting another Skyline soon & it was pointed out by
another member that technically I still am a Skyline owner,
but I would like to apologise in advance you may see me in
a Granada.

regards

Weston

·
Registered
13 Posts
A Subaru maybe?

Weston,

Remember to test drive a Subaru Impreza P1 or a WRX STI Type R :D (or a 22B if you have a spare 34K) before you settle for a Skyline just my opinion as I do prefer the old Impreza BUT I know that the skyline is a completely different car/beast and maybe more to your taste

Take care,

Skyline.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have to disagree......

I had a Subaru STI 5 import from new and the step up to my GTR 33 was incredible, the Skyline is just so much more car, both in terms of Power, performance and the sheer comfort.

So with out being snobby but being realistic since you've owned a Skyline it would be of no real benefit to test drive a Subaru.

Flak jacket on but happy with my comments!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Scooby Skyline

Ian.

Can only quote off the back of me mate Ronnie and as a passenger.

Have been in his quick Scooby and also a 22B and they just ain't a patch on the dear old Skyline. Not that Scoobys ain't great motors as they damn well are but it's the old horses for courses. Rally car, FAST tarmac car.

Any space in that flack jacket Ian :eek: .

glen

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glen,

Just because you're outta here at the weekend!

You know, we could always phone the airport and tell them that you've got 'plastic' shoes!

(well you're taking your flip-flops aren't you?!!!) :rolleyes:

Have a good holiday mate!

Richard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Impreza Turbo

Hi,
Thanks for the comments and opinions lads I would just like to see what Weston thinks of the P1, STI or 22B if he had time to test drive them and get some feedback from him as to what he thinks of the experience along with advantages and disadvantages ;)

PS living in the Republic of Ireland there are not to many Impreza Turbos you would be lucky to see one a day in Dublin but I can tell you that there are no more than 4 Nissan Skylines GTR's over here. :confused:

Skyline

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Outta Here

Richard.

Thats a good idea. Light the touch paper and then retire to Mexico :D .

Sorry to hear the cars going :( but the question is are you getting another one.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Awsome 22B please don't dis it....

Only 400 ever made and 16 officially imported into the UK over 300bhp with a 2.2 litre Turbo engine 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds with active difs :D and very rare. What do you think Weston?

Skyline

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Why you no listen young man

Yeah lovely IF you like that sort of thing and we don't really.

It's the same as going out with Cindy Crawford and then, when she's not well, dumping her for Margaret Thatcher. I think not :D

glen

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Blimey, hark at me! Of course I never get too involved do I!

Glen,

Have a good break, I'm sure you're deserving of it.

Peter.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I'm Joking

Peter

Don't panic Mr. Manaring I'm playing :smokin:. You should know me by now :D .

And anyway a little banter with a jealous Scooby guy is healthy :rolleyes: .

glen

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Glen,

Isn't it funny how these threads sometimes meander all over the place. Seems strange to me that somebody with Skyline as their handle who owns an Impreza should come onto a Skyline forum extolling the merits of an Impreza, a very tangled web me thinks. Still what do I know....

Peter.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
ScoobyNet

I look at Scooby Net every day and it is still firing on all cylinders !

Which as we know is only 4 against our 6 He He He :D

No, jokes a side its still going well but a little repetative as a lot of the Subaru boys have moved on hence second hand owners asking the same old questions. Also the technology seems to have stood still on the tuning potential there.

Flak jacket off ..Full body armour on!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts