GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a couple of the Skyline kits I've got on the go at the moment. The smaller one is a 1/24th Scale Tamiya R32 GpN. The Larger floorpan with engine is Fujimi in 1/12th scale. I found this kit on E-bay, it cost me over £100 by the time it got here from Hong Kong!!

Hope you like them. I'll post more pictures as they get finished. I'm also working on two more R32 GpA cars, Two R33 JGTC cars and two R34 JGTC's.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Tamiyaaaaaaaaaa

Nigel,

Nice work sir! I've got the Tamiya 1/24 Zexel and Castrol R32's on their way to me - both sourced on eBay!

The Falken model looks really impressive :)

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Ok, I'm a saddo, having seen that Falken model I've just scoured ebay and sourced one for my collection! :D

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danoh, You really should build one of the later racers, ie:- R33 calsonic, or the Pennzoil R34.
I know the R32 is the "original", of the modern skylines, and is the only race car that is actually bodily and mechanically the "same" as the road car, but it is interesting to see just how much different the R33 and R34's are!!

Of course, the only reason the 33 and 34 doesn't have rear steer and ATTESSA, is because the R32 was so "DAMN GOOD", and beat everything in it's path, that the worlds motorsport organisations outlawed 4WS and 4WD!!

Happy Modelling

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Nigel,

I've also got a 1971 Tamiya Skyline 2000 GT-R to build so my backlog of models is getting quite big, I do want to make an R34 though, I'm presuming Tamiya did (or do) make the Calsonic R34...

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi,

Nigel, the pictures are currently not working :( It's due to the amount of people opening this topic, as this thread relates to your angelfire acount for pictures, which it then goes over your allocated bandwidth.
I'm sure they look really great :) :)

I'm making a Tamiya R34 GTR soonish at around December, when I have more time. It's going to have a NISMO bodykit. I'll post up some pictures when It is finished. I am thinking about making it look like your R34 Shin. I'll try to find some MINES decals too.
(^o^)
Dan, sure........Tamiya have made the Calsonic R34 model kit in 1:24th Scale.

Best Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Elliot,

Excellent - I'll keep an eye out for a Calsonic then :D

And Nigels pictures looked really good!

Cheers,

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts