GTR Forum banner

Skyline not the Best option? Advice needed

1K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Andy106 
I would go like this.

1st, go for the CRX. Learn the drive a fast car and it will also teach you to shift and the basic of heel/toe, all the other technique. CRX is a nice car to drive, but it is hard to really master because of the close ratio gearbox, short wheel base, and relatively light.

2nd, move on to a S13/S14. You will then realize that the line you will take (and the way it is driven) is very different from a FF. FR have different braking zone and different point where you accel, so this will give you a good introduction. Also will let you know about turbo boost/lag, and over steer.

3rd, move onto a Skyline. Basically a heavy FR with 4WD ability, and load faster then the previous 2 mentioned.

It takes alot of time to learn what to do in a car...I still don't think I am good enough. But jumping straight into a skyline is not the best of idea. Also, parts for CRX are very cheap. :)
very wise words, the lad that owned my gtr before me was 21, basically he admitted he got himself in at the deep end to quick, never took it over 5000rpm, & realised they cost a bomb to maintain, it would be interesting to see wish rought people took before buying a skyline, heres mine

mk1 fiesta supersports 1.3
mk1 xr2
mk3 xr3i
r5 gt turbo
mk2 golf 16v
mk2 RS2000
e30 325i

the list is endless but you get the idea, im not on about what youv driven in your life time but were the heart of your skills came from

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.