GTR Forum banner

Skyline not the Best option? Advice needed

1K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Andy106 
I would go like this.

1st, go for the CRX. Learn the drive a fast car and it will also teach you to shift and the basic of heel/toe, all the other technique. CRX is a nice car to drive, but it is hard to really master because of the close ratio gearbox, short wheel base, and relatively light.

2nd, move on to a S13/S14. You will then realize that the line you will take (and the way it is driven) is very different from a FF. FR have different braking zone and different point where you accel, so this will give you a good introduction. Also will let you know about turbo boost/lag, and over steer.

3rd, move onto a Skyline. Basically a heavy FR with 4WD ability, and load faster then the previous 2 mentioned.

It takes alot of time to learn what to do in a car...I still don't think I am good enough. But jumping straight into a skyline is not the best of idea. Also, parts for CRX are very cheap. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.