GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody has knowledge of if it is possible........the change of side of the steering to the left......the price. .the company some detail thank you very much.....I have photos of skyline with the steering wheel of the left side.....

I feel it by my English but it is of a translator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From spain...I am interested in buying skyline but I want to know if it is possible to change of side the steering wheel

I need to know the name of the company.......

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
the only place i've seen them is in The U.A.E

(ignoring the American one above) lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it must have some company......somebody has idea.....one says that in Germany there is a company....thanks..

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I prefer RHD, it's more fun!!! :D (learned driving with LHD cars)

·
6,817 Posts
In Germany some importer sells R34s and can register them in Germany, but the steering is on the japanese side RHD.
Why you want to change it? Because you need it to register in Spain . . . if you just don't want to drive RHD, then don't buy a JDM car.

I know many guys who never want to drive an RHD car in Europe, but that's just because they don't know anything about cars anyway . . . LHD,RHD, or no steering at all , if it has 4 wheels- I can drive it . . . I am not a puss.:chuckle:

·
Registered
243 Posts
In Germany some importer sells R34s and can register them in Germany, but the steering is on the japanese side RHD.
Why you want to change it? Because you need it to register in Spain . . . if you just don't want to drive RHD, then don't buy a JDM car.

I know many guys who never want to drive an RHD car in Europe, but that's just because they don't know anything about cars anyway . . . LHD,RHD, or no steering at all , if it has 4 wheels- I can drive it . . . I am not a puss.:chuckle:

My thoughts exactly....

If You want a Skyline, accept it´s RHD car, or buy an ordinary car....

I´ve now had 7 Skyline´s... All RHD.... And it is NOT a problem driving these cars in a LHD country....

All respect to the people, who take on the task of making these cars LHD, but in my opinion, You end up spending A LOT of money, on something You don´t really need...

So unless You live in a country like the UAE where it´s illegal the drive a RHD car... I think...??? Don´t do it... Spend the money on some mods instead.....:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the price of the conversion is of 5000€?.........
That car from the Philippines. Your not allowed to have RHD there I guess. Theres a thread on that car on JTuned™ - JSpec / JDM Automotive Online Magazine forums
profit not to find anything....please where I must watch....

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As people have said, the blue car with the licenseplate XRJ558 is from the Philipines and is owned by Manuel (TurboAWD on the forum). His car has been shipped to the USA and the conversion was made there. The cost was around $15.000 plus shipping. It took around 6 months to get it done if I remember correctly.

The car in the photo with the plate SDU is a RHD car but the picture has been flipped. Look at the tank lid and also the oil cooler intake surround is on the wrong side so you can forget about that car. Somebody has been playing with Photoshop.

There are a lot of Skylines in the Arab countries that have been converted but the quality of the work is not good. (Apologies to those forum members that have those cars, I haven´t seen them all but a few)

I was thinking the same as you when I first got into Skylines but after buying one and driving it on the right side of the road (I´m in Sweden) I don´t have any plans at all on converting any of my Skylines (I have two).

My advice is: buy a car and drive it the way it is. Then if you want to spend the money on converting it you can do it but you will NEVER get your money back from the conversion.

Just my 2 cents...

/Perra

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum. As people have said, the blue car with the licenseplate XRJ558 is from the Philipines and is owned by Manuel (TurboAWD on the forum). His car has been shipped to the USA and the conversion was made there. The cost was around $15.000 plus shipping. It took around 6 months to get it done if I remember correctly.

The car in the photo with the plate SDU is a RHD car but the picture has been flipped. Look at the tank lid and also the oil cooler intake surround is on the wrong side so you can forget about that car. Somebody has been playing with Photoshop.

There are a lot of Skylines in the Arab countries that have been converted but the quality of the work is not good. (Apologies to those forum members that have those cars, I haven´t seen them all but a few)

I was thinking the same as you when I first got into Skylines but after buying one and driving it on the right side of the road (I´m in Sweden) I don´t have any plans at all on converting any of my Skylines (I have two).

My advice is: buy a car and drive it the way it is. Then if you want to spend the money on converting it you can do it but you will NEVER get your money back from the conversion.
then that there is of certain of a company that does in Sweden.......
it is or the change........and if with himself that do the salpicadero to me in fiber......the direction and the pedals of accelerator.....

·
6,817 Posts
I think our little friend uses online translator to spainish and english . . . .

Can someone please translate the entire thread in good old spanish please . . .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem of finding company which could convert from RHD to LHD!!!If anyone has any info then I would be glad to hear it!!
p.s. sorry for my english!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts