GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GT-R on the front cover of EVO

Got my copy yesterday! Interesting reading about the design of the GTR concept car (there's an interview with the designer) and of course there's a rivetting road test of a certain R32, R33 and R34...;)
A highly recommended purchase this month (and every month!)

p.s. may not hit the shops 'til Saturday.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
David,

Got my copy through the door this morning. Not read your article yet, I'll save that for lunchtime. The pictures of the 35 look stunning IMO. This issue looks certain to raise the GT-R's profile again, quite deservedly. :)

Peter.

BTW. Thanks to Jon for the tip on getting a year's EVO subscription for half price, it worked.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?s=&postid=10876#post10876

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
David,

You guys at EVO certainly get your fingers out when it comes getting articles into print.

So why did we wait 6 months for a 2nd rate write from REVS, etc.:confused:

Oh well, can't wait to get home and find my copy on the door matt.

Sod it, I'm nipping home now!:D

P.S. David, Are you still doing the 'Modified Skyline Guide' for EVO?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Modified Skylines in Evo

As you know, Evo are keen to keep a respectable distance between themselves and, shall we say, "other" mags that feature a lot of modified cars.
I can't see an article happening in the near future that features all the excellent tuned cars from this forum, but they are interested in a couple of the "factory specials" I have mentioned to them.
So, yes you may see some more Skylines in the mag soon, but unfortunately it's not going to be a tuned car shootout a la Performance Car's article a few years ago.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
David,
I have alway longed for EVO to have a Trip to
Japan to try some of their special exotica, and give their
opinion of them, and not just modifed cars, but ones that
can be bought from new.

There is:

Tommy Kiara ZZ & ZZII
Nismo 400R (May of been covered)
Veilsides Supra (1000+bhp)
And even some of the Mines car.

Go on Dave, enlighten them.;) :D

But Slowly Slowly Catchy Monkey, Don't want to scare Harry off.:)

·
Banned
349 Posts
Well done David

Got my copy this morning.

Good article David, I know it take's more work than meets the eye to put these things together so well done.

Haven't read the new GTR stuff yet...............

Did you notice there's a UK 34 for sale in the back of EVO?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Skylines make the EVO cover again! Nice one.
Will have to go home early to read it now!

Nice one Dave

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Mine hasn't arrived yet

I hope Evo is there when I get home now.... Looking forward to my first 'subscribed' issue, sounds like a cracker!

Jon

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Great!! Can't wait for my brother to send it over:)

David....I have to agree with Scott on a special from Japan. I'm not talking about featuring those "over-modified" cars that you see in Max P%$er, but as you said some proper specials like Nismo or Mine's. You might not know this but I write for EVO Italy and doing a special report from Japan for the English mag will be no problem ;)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Dino,

Glad you are with me on this. :D
There are lots of high performance cars out there, which do count as production car,
after all EVO have reported on the German tuners, AMG, RUF, Gambella etc etc.

I really respect the writings of EVO, and would greatly love to hear their verdict,
weather good or bad.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"like Nismo or Mine's"

Trust me guys, as I said, EVO are interested in factory built specials like the above, and there will be a report very soon on a couple.
I was just trying to diffuse expectation of a mass "tuned Skyline" article any time soon.
I can't say any more at this stage, but just keep reading EVO!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Godzilla

Dave, read EVO from issue 1 but never remember an article about your R33. Did it ever get written before you sold it on?

Was looking forward to the results of all your hard work, endurance and money spent on that thing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Picked up a copy today. What can I say :D :smokin: There is this really nice looking R33 in the magazine. Wonder who's that is. LOL

Doesn't that new R35 look spanking. I'll take two please :cool:

Matt

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
re Godzilla

Jim, I presume you mean you never saw a road test feature on my R33? At first I thought you meant you couldn't remember ever reading ANY articles on it!
No sadly, it never lasted long enough in 600bhp trim to organise a road test on it...:(

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim, er no. That's why we would have needed to do a road test (as in figuring), in order to find out! I seem to remember recording a mid 4 second 0-60 whilst still on standard turbos running 1 bar boost, but nothing was recorded since then...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was just wondering if you dyno figures or unprinted stuff that's all. Hehe. Sarc.

Mid 4's is nice though. Are you getting another one anytime soon then? Maybe the 355 has grown on you though..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi David!

do you think there would be any interest from Evo in reporting on the top ten shootout event at Alconbury in july?
The skyline gathering will be superb, plus the other clubs (ie Paul Lacey/Dodge vipers) have cars of the type featured in Evo recently.

www.trackdayplus.com for info of course.

If not a feature/report, any chance of a plug in the forthcoming events at all?

Regards
chris mann

:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
bumped back to the top for Davids attention!

(also updated website again for GTI-R list, and scobbys.)
rgds
chris m

1 - 20 of 22 Posts