GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kicked back and tucked into my sandwich this lunchtime about 1:30pm, and turned on SKY, switched to "Men And Motors" on channel 131 (as I hate Trisha!!).
On popped a programme called "Auto-Mundial"
They were reviewing concept cars such as the new volkwagon Scoricho.
Then the narrator decided to rant on about hot hatches, then drift meetings, then insulting Skyline owners quoting "The biggest jap power car, mainly owned by baseball hat chav enthusiasts at weekly night meeting spots.....":chairshot :blahblah:

God dammit!!!!
WTF!!!!????:puke:
What a T**t!!!

Did anyone else have the unfortunate pleasure of seeing this progrmme earlier?:(

·
Registered
552 Posts
Maybe you should write to the program and get them to do a piece on the forum defending our NON CHAV status:thumbsup: show them that real Men and thier Motors are SKYLINES drivers

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nope - didn't see the ignorant bloke.

You can get 'chavs' in pretty much any car below £30k. Some of them even get extremely lucky in life and rub it in your face by driving cars even more expensive than that (but this is rare).

Most Skyline owners are enthusiasts - if someone wants to categorize all owners because of their car then it just goes to show how ignorant they are to the world around them. :rolleyes:

Its like saying all Aston Martin owners are like James Bond - there's a few wannabe's who pose in them, but tbh most are middle aged men who have worked hard and got something they probably always wanted. Same applys to Jap car owners - its the t%^^£rs that watch too much Fast and Furious that ruin it for everyone else and give many a bad name.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was fuming:flame:
Especially as I put down a deposit on my new car last night!!!!:chuckle:
Spoke to ron at rK earlier and it should be in there in next 3 weeks...
Then its gonna take 2-3 weeks to rebuild....
Good things come to those who wait.... Be a hell of an xmas present!!!:chuckle:
Im well excited!!!
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/58843-bargain-r33-gtr.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
Chav's generally can't afford Skylines, although, to be honest, they are probably the biggest admirers
So what is a Chav car ? To me its usually a car dressed up to be what it isn't...so 1.2 corsa with spoilers and wings, when it can't go fast enough for them to actually improve downforce or aerodynamics...

For me it is precluded chav status because its not about the looks but about what it does and therefore more of an enthusiasts car...however, most jap cars get labelled Chav mobiles...at least I have the king of chav cars;)

The men and motors guy I assume likes Porsche's ? Ignorance is bliss ( sorry any Porsche fans )...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chav's generally can't afford Skylines, although, to be honest, they are probably the biggest admirers
So what is a Chav car ? To me its usually a car dressed up to be what it isn't...so 1.2 corsa with spoilers and wings, when it can't go fast enough for them to actually improve downforce or aerodynamics...

For me it is precluded chav status because its not about the looks but about what it does and therefore more of an enthusiasts car...however, most jap cars get labelled Chav mobiles...at least I have the king of chav cars;)

The men and motors guy I assume likes Porsche's ? Ignorance is bliss ( sorry any Porsche fans )...
Thats what I thought!!!
Chav cars are:
!06s
saxos
corsas
anything you can go to halfords for, like a set of lexus lights, a tail pipe that can be air fixed on, plastic spinners, some chicken wire....
Stick all of these onto any of the cars mentioned above and you are now a king chav!!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thats what I thought!!!
Chav cars are:
!06s
saxos
corsas
anything you can go to halfords for, like a set of lexus lights, a tail pipe that can be air fixed on, plastic spinners, some chicken wire....
Stick all of these onto any of the cars mentioned above and you are now a king chav!!!!
man i coildnt agree more and i bloody hate it! the cars are alright if left as they should be but all that cheap tat fastooned about them is insulting to the eye:puke: :puke: :puke:

could start a whole new rant thread on this subject alone!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats what I thought!!!
Chav cars are:
!06s
saxos
corsas
Oh dear, I own a 106 and a Skyline :nervous: . I'd better get myself a knock off Burberry cap, some trackie bottoms and an ASBO.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I REALLY REALLY hate the term CHAV..

It absolutely does my head in.

Can we not ban the word on the forum, at least then it will come up as ****.

These days it's CHAV this and CHAV that, God no more please...

Oh and for Christ's sake BAN Gavs Gts :D

·
6,821 Posts
He was wrong . . .
Skyline drivers all look like male super models, wear D&G shirts, Channel sun glasses and kick the accel. pedal with some goldish Gucci basket shoes . . .:chuckle: :chuckle:
I have even a GTR tatoo:chuckle:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Just remember, the workd needs Chavs. Otherwise who is going to fill the lowest rung on the evolutionary and social ladder?

That said, who ever said they were allowed to drive in the first place!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
LOL @ Duzel. Just saw the thread about flamer kits. Not read it yet but thought 'WTF!'.
Maybe chavviness is creeping in to our world after all :chuckle:

TT

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.