GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got orders to Guam I'm kinda bumbed but I'm hoping there's some kinda scene there exspecially it being in the asian theatre. So any R owners or know anyone or anyone know anything about the nissan/car scene in general to kinda help a sailor out ?:chuckle: :smokin: :confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just recently there was an article in a magazine about a Nissan 350Z that was totally decked out in Guam. I've been there twice and I never saw any Skylines but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Most of the vehicles there are beaters since the air is filled with salt. It just destroys vehicles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just recently there was an article in a magazine about a Nissan 350Z that was totally decked out in Guam. I've been there twice and I never saw any Skylines but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Most of the vehicles there are beaters since the air is filled with salt. It just destroys vehicles.
That kinda gives me hope I was hoping since it was so close to japan I might be able to salvage a RB25 or 26 to send home to drop in my Z31 :).

·
6,821 Posts
I don't know somebody personal in Guam, but my father in law told me some GTRs are running, also some KPGCs. . . . so what are you going to do over there, next to sun bathing and sleeping?:chuckle: ;)
lol whats the thing with the Navy life accelerator . . . I not want my life to finish quicker . . .

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
so in other words, although Guam is US Territory, NHTSA/DOT regs don't apply and one can drive Skylines there freely?

·
6,821 Posts
so in other words, although Guam is US Territory, NHTSA/DOT regs don't apply and one can drive Skylines there freely?
I am not sure about that, but there are diffrences between the US-immigrants or military personals and the locals.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Urban myth has it that Guam is an easy place to get Skylines/JDM cars in to...not gonna risk it with my car though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've seen two R32s here on island. One Gtst and one GTR. Not sure what they're registered as but they exist! I'd love to figure out how to get one here. I'd sell my S2k real quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I know fitted,
I found out that there are a lot of "ninja" cars on the Island that either came from Japan or the P.I. It was cool while I was there and there are other cars that routinely found there way on Guam.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just curious, is there enough road in Guam for a GTR? Seems as though it would be a waste to have that type of car on such a small island. What you could probably rock from one end of the island to the other in what 20 minutes? LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just curious, is there enough road in Guam for a GTR? Seems as though it would be a waste to have that type of car on such a small island. What you could probably rock from one end of the island to the other in what 20 minutes? LOL
Ironically enough,yes there is plenty of space to enjoy your GTR. In fact,there is a race track and plenty of nice starights near the two bases. I few small sections for enjoying the roads there as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts