·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date for this is now set for APRIL 11 2010

Details are here (on SOC Site) page 17.

Skyline Parade 2010 - Skyline Owners Forum

Looks to be quite a BIG gathering :clap:

P.S. Hope admin don't mind me posting this, the more the better as far as I can see.

I know this has been posted earlier but the title didn't do it justice!

·
Registered
519 Posts
PM`d you on Skyline owners Forum.

Count me in sounds a fantastic day out (well weekend)

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Why not contact our event organisers and make our participation formal

pm Fuggles or speed merchant

mook

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
From the date this is being held then its taking place at JTS which I can tell you that we're not attending this year. If people want to know why then in a nutshell for the last few years it has gone on a downward slope & from the comments of those that have attended over these years we made our minds up long ago that enough was enough & to knock this event on the head.

Now don't get me wrong, the first year of this show was good, very good. It was ground breaking in its format & a totally brand new event so it did very well. However from the second year onwards, they didn't improve on the problems of the first year & haven't done ever since then either! However whilst typing this I just found out that from the second year onwards it was a different events management team anyway! Explains a lot. Last year the turn out from GTROC/GTR Register was low, as it had been from the second show onwards. However quotes from those previous attendees along the lines of :

* Its spread out too far for so little.
* Poor trade stands.
* Overly expensive extras.
* Overly expensive catering!

did nothing for its image or reputation! However its also just bad forum etiquette as well as that of club etiquette too to blatantly come on here & try to get people 'over there' - in a nutshell.

I don't do politics & as MOOK has already suggested you should have approached either our Chairman or myself in regards to this event first. So "formerly" we will not be attending.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.