GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
i think now every man and his dog now import cars it tends to send prices down ,my own opinion is lots of younger people want to own a SKYLINE but lets face it most cannot afford to run them ,so when it comes to buying one theres always going to be a market for cheap and nastey cars.the trouble is when you come to sell a good car you get people comparring prices,ie if they have seen a r34gtr for £28,000 they seem to think thats the price you should be paying for any r34gtr and any over that are over priced.i think some of the low prices we have seen for some r34gtr,s of late are a bit up and down but then again the specs of the cars have.i think thats what a lot of people cannot seem to understand is why ,i mean look at RK,S 32/TIMS 34/NITTOS 34 how can thay be compared with standard or mildly moded cars. there will always be people who buy chaep and ther will allways be people who know what the true cost of cars such as the above are ,and will pay the price ,it does,nt help when the vast majority of people dont know the differance in a r33gts and a r34gtr THERE ALL SKYLINES THAY MUST BE THE SAME?????:wavey: NISMOMAN

Faz Choudhury said:
but in the UK, are there more r32 GTR's than r33's?
It would be interesting to find out. As Nick says, there are almost certainly more 33 shelled Skylines in the UK than anything else, but GT-Rs? I reckon there are probably more R32s. As for 34s???

GTR RGT said:
Please dont let chavs own skylines. Look what happened with that lottery winner who crashed the poor thing. :bawling:
I have decided that as soon as I have sold my house my car is going for this very reason. I am sick and somewhat embarrassed by the "Street Respect" I seem to get from the chavs. They are always looking at my car and sticking their thumbs up. I hate it. Lets face it, whether we like or not, the Skyline is already a chav car.

The missus hates it, my friends joke that I should have it painted in "Burberry" and most people think that only Indians and Chavs / kids drive them.

GTR

I'd say it's a car chavs would like to have, even if the price is dropping insurance will still be high for "young chavs" which will make it harder for them to have (this is just my opinion)

Thanks to the price dropping, I managed to get an R33 GT-St & I'm very happy :bowdown1:
Before for me, having a Skyline was just like a dream car you'd have only if you'd win the lottery

Not wishing to divert the thread into a political rant but over the next 5 - 10 years motoring is going to get taxed more and more heavily. How many people will be able to justify a second fun car if Road tax is at £2000 for example.

IF that happens values have be be seriously affected

As many have said the market will dictate the price of our beloved Skyline's.

It doesn't matter how mint or maintained they are you will always have the comment "well this guy is selling his a lot cheaper than that" :(

The only way to stop this would be that everyone raise the price of there car to what they think it is worth and not what the market dictates?? But....this is like asking everyone to stop buying fuel intil the price falls below 85p. In theory it would work but it's never going to happen!!

Good cars fetch good money, simple as that, you can usually tell a good car from gut instinct straight away. There are alot of dogs about that do not have the right money spent on them, servicing etc because these are expensive cars and cost a fortune to run. People blindly go into skyline ownership.

My R33 got top money and sold within 3 hours......because it was absolutely beautiful.

I'll be putting my 33 up for sale when I have sorted the started morot and will put if up for what I think it is worth.

I'm not looking forward to all the people tellig me it's over priced etc and getting stupid PM offers :chairshot

kenan said:
I'll be putting my 33 up for sale when I have sorted the started morot and will put if up for what I think it is worth.

I'm not looking forward to all the people tellig me it's over priced etc and getting stupid PM offers :chairshot

:eek:

No way matey .... what will you be replacing it with ?

A nice Allegro with a blue flashing light on top :chuckle:

Discussion starter · #38 ·
daytona said:
I think the reason R32's and early 33GTR's are closing in price is similar to the Porsche 993 (last of the air cooled) and 996, people recognise a true starting/ end point in a car's history and as time ticks by IMO the R32GTR will be seen as the start of the GTR legend (as we know it today) and the true Godzilla that destroyed all oppostion trackside:clap: , whereas good as the R33 is it was part of the evolution and not THE REVOLUTION. Only time will tell whether the all new GTR will eventually be the quantum leap the R32 was in 1989, all IMO of course:)
You might have a good point there - to draw a comparison the first of the
240z's have for several years now been valued higher than later models say the 260z for example. However often that's because later models usually get more lardy less powerful etc... that's not so clear cut with Skylines, each model has it's virtues, but no-one can argue that the bar was raised technically and performance wise in the case of both the 33 and 34. Having said that I've often asked myself if I'd be better off with a nice 32 and less cash tied up on the drive.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.