GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reece McGregor and the Heat Treatments Ltd GT-R Skyline were at it again at Willowbank Raceway today and man were they at it! Smashing the HKS GT-R Skyline World Record well and truly with a 7.590sec at 191.97mph/308.96kph! The team were needless to say over the moon with the performance and with a good handle on the clutch setup now feel they can wind some more power into the GT-R for the Fast Fours Jamboree this weekend. Checkout the pass at :-

2006 Fast Fours Jamboree - Press Release 5

WOW!!!

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
The run was clearly so fast that many people have seen it at different times due to the Lorentz equations. This is extremly annoying.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
now thats how to do it lol he was sideways for most of it! and left a fairly long tyre mark defo think that will be goin alot faster!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Simply awesome.... :) and by looking at the tyre trail he left all down the strip i think theres more in the tank !

R32's are the future....:chuckle: lol...

·
Registered
153 Posts
This pretty much sums up Reeces sideways 7.59 pass
The car was set at 9500rpm and has got a 11,000rpm limit
Even at 9500rpm I would be amazed to see what time he would do if it was a straight and tidy run ,I guess we will this weekend at Fast Fours Jamboree in Aussie

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Guys I need ONE confermation

Please spare me the sh1t later, ok?

There's an argument going on with the yanks muscle lovers saying to the imports that this Reece McGregor GTR IS NOT "AWD" BECAUSE from the video and this picture they can't see the front wheel marks but only rear wheel marks plus the yanks add saying stupid things like "HOW CAN AN AWD DO REAL WHEEL BURNOUT IF ITS AWD?" (They don't understand that the AWD Skyline can do that)

NOW my question is! Is this Reece McGregor drag car an AWD or a RWD???

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You also have to "limit" the amount of power going to the front diff when you do a AWD launch with a GTR. Since that amount of power will basically shatter your front diff instantly!!!

That is the beauty of the GTR's AWD system, you can adjust the amount of power (in %) to the front wheel to get your car off the line. Can't do that with an old EVO or Scobby.

Therefore you can do a burn out with AWD turn off to warm the rear tires up. Put it back on to AWD for the launch. That sound answer the "Yanks" :chuckle:

·
Registered
348 Posts
well ive noticed that in my r32 gtr when i take off in the wet even though the front torque has kicked in it is still only the rear wheels that still dont have much traction and the front wheels have all the grip and sorting things out.:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
not bad i spose.....
i could only manage a 7.6sec quarter in mine.
perhaps ill turn my boost up slightly.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

wow what a car:squintdan :squintdan

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Guys I need ONE confermation

Please spare me the sh1t later, ok?

There's an argument going on with the yanks muscle lovers saying to the imports that this Reece McGregor GTR IS NOT "AWD" BECAUSE from the video and this picture they can't see the front wheel marks but only rear wheel marks plus the yanks add saying stupid things like "HOW CAN AN AWD DO REAL WHEEL BURNOUT IF ITS AWD?" (They don't understand that the AWD Skyline can do that)

NOW my question is! Is this Reece McGregor drag car an AWD or a RWD???
Tell them it's all-wheel drive and we live our lives a quarter mile at a time and that for that 7 seconds or so, we are free....:mad: :chuckle:

·
Registered
16 Posts
the record doesnt count in my eyes...he cheated using methanol:chuckle:

only joking awesome time:bowdown1:
Record doesn't count because he wasn't wearing the right colour underwear and didn't perform a dance in the direction of the sun prior to the run.

:squintdan :wavey:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Update????? video's??

1 - 20 of 39 Posts