GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member but not new to the site... kinda been lurking about for a few weeks reading posts :smokin:

Been interested in buying a Skyline for a while now, well a couple of year really but due to work commitments etc I've not had the chance. I've now had a change of career and now have the chance to buy one.

Been offered a totally standard 1995 GTR R33 Twin Turbo with 60k miles on the clock and almost complete service history.

I've had a look at it and looks immaculate and having the RAC check it over later in the week, but just a couple of questions to ask...

What are the performance figures for a standard motor?

Any reliability issues or weaknesses?

What are they like to drive in wet, icy or snowy weather etc?

I plan on keeping the car standard or maybe just a couple of modifications (induction, exhaust maybe), really only be used for normal road use with maybe the occasional track day.

Any advice or info would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers and best wishes,
Dave

·
R35 Section manager
11,357 Posts
Hi Dave

Your looking at around 5 secs to 60.
Very well behaved cars in standard form.
There rear wheel drive cars with the bonus of 4wd when needed.
Not so bad in the wet,but I always take it slower then anyway.Not really worth pratting about in the snow and ice. Iv had mine for 2 1/2 years now and love it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
hi dave,
ive got an r32 gtr which has been lowered, but apart from that pretty much standard, and in the wet she handle's like a dream, it kicks a bit but that just adds to the excitement of driving one of these beasts and in the dry 'well' think off a virgin intercity train going round a 90 degree bend.
the 32s are slightly lighter than the 33s but as you know have the same engines and potential, and everything else treg said:D
go get it:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
6,821 Posts
im also lokking to get an r32 gtr for a daily driver, would it be alright to drive in snow and -25 to -35 weather?
Hi man, wow, you want to drive on the north pole or siberia?
Actually many GTRs are running in Hokkaido - Japan in winter. -15 is usual over there, so the cars hold theses temps without a problem. I would just be carefull with aftermarket mods in theses temps.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.