GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out today for a spin in my skyline, its running everything standard and seems to be running ok.
i was driving sensibly down a duel c way and this young chappy sped up to my bottom. i thought to myself here we go so i put my foot down.
i seemed to be pulling away from him and thought go away silly little boy.
then we had to stop a the lights and he pulled up to me and ask what am i running. so i told him standard , so in polliteness i ask him and he said the same standard about 220 bhp with induction kit.
the lights went to green and away we went the race was on, but i felt a bit silly he was there all the time next to me i got to fourth gear and started pulling away but ran out of road and the short race had ended....
he said to me iam surprised you didnt leave me for dead, i shrugged and said so am i....
should i have left him or is it to do with weight ratio and stuff,,,

my r32 has got a little upgrade different intercooler and trust downpipes thats it i was told its running 300 bhp which is more or less standard.,,

anyway what do you guys think have i lost power and need a good tune and serviceing or is this to be expected.,..,:eek:

p.s. i dont condone street racing nor do i speed but this had to be done on a quiet sunday afternoon on a open road..
DRIVE SAFE .,.,.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
No you dont need a tune, you did well in a standard car which is 15 years old against a lightweight state of the art hot hatch. :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
last time and the only time i took a civic type-r on, i left him pretty easy.

but im running around 400hp, so not standard

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew civics were fast but blow me down with a feather that was quick..
my car is off the road in jan so i think 400 bhp would be my next goal.

·
6,817 Posts
Man, did you shift like Granma,:chuckle: . . .no it's OK-the Type-R shifter is much quicker then yours, but when getting into 2nd you can get at least a full lenght of car in front of a Type-R (with perfect shifting).
It is very easy to get the max time 0-100kph with the Type-R (6,6sec) thanks to the lighter flywheel on the last ones. A wrong start with the GTR and the 1.5 sec 0-100kph that should separate you from the Civic, is gone. Then it's just like a non visual 0.5 secs diffrent to the 100kph mark.
The GTR needs more smoke to get started well off, the civic is easy to launch, even for idiots.:) :flame:
And don't forget the tires, I can take you with a Golf GTI on semi-slick tires, if you wearing standard-sports

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Blitz SUS Filters £150
HKS Downpipes, decat, Full racing Kakimoto Exhaust £600
HKS SSQV's £200 (you don't really need these)
Mines ECU running 1 BAR £100 (buy a boost controller)
Nismo G'Max Twin Plate Clutch £1000 (standard clutch should be ok...i'm just fussy!)

All these prices are based on second hand parts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, did you shift like Granma,:chuckle: . . .no it's OK-the Type-R shifter is much quicker then yours, but when getting into 2nd you can get at least a full lenght of car in front of a Type-R (with perfect shifting).
It is very easy to get the max time 0-100kph with the Type-R (6,6sec) thanks to the lighter flywheel on the last ones. A wrong start with the GTR and the 1.5 sec 0-100kph that should separate you from the Civic, is gone. Then it's just like a non visual 0.5 secs diffrent to the 100kph mark.
The GTR needs more smoke to get started well off, the civic is easy to launch, even for idiots.:) :flame:
And don't forget the tires, I can take you with a Golf GTI on semi-slick tires, if you wearing standard-sports
to be honest i did stay in first till i new he was racing i saw his front lift so i floored it

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
R32 Floyd my car is round about stage one, GT-SS turbo's, apexi power FC, 700 cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, Z32 AFM's, FPR, Nismo clutch, straight thru exhaust, HKS manifolds and big elbows.. its about twice as quick to get to 140 mph as it was as standard.. Thats the way to go if you dont want to spend heaps of money... and a Civic type R would struggle now to be even close..

Big difference in the way it picks up through the rev range.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
R32 Floyd my car is round about stage one, GT-SS turbo's, apexi power FC, 700 cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, Z32 AFM's, FPR, Nismo clutch, straight thru exhaust, HKS manifolds and big elbows.. its about twice as quick to get to 140 mph as it was as standard.. Thats the way to go if you dont want to spend heaps of money... and a Civic type R would struggle now to be even close..

Dude..that isn't stage 1, more like stage 2

Stage 1 is:

Induction/Air filter
Exhaust/Decat
Boost Controller

Plus you must be running near on 500bhp at that spec

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts

Thats a stage 2 mate. 460bhp 1.2 bar:wavey:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts