GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

HP is total horse shit mate.
ronnie does that sort of 1.4 mile time and he has some 700 BHP.
He has done low 10s and seen it with my own eyes.
We have 550 bhp cars that do the 1.4 in low 11s!!

I would put it down at 800 max.
any ideas on the spec of turbos and engine?

NLW

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
exactly....

no ref to the turbos as that is the key.
2835s or even 3037s would not get you there.

Still this car fails to come out on the big day and until it does then that 1000 BHP will remain a wish list.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
That car is said to have 1000ps in the JUN site:

http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/index.html?en

Don't really see why people don't believe that?? It seems to be running a pair of TD06s and they can easily give 1000ps...

Really depends on what the owner has done to it since it was imported into the UK...and he will certainly not achieve that with pump gas...but still the potential is there....

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
WHOA ! According to the site DIno posted a link for, the R32 that they used in the JGTC ('95 - '96) had an SR20DET engine !

Daz

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
no idea mate

what is proper timing kit?
Anything more than a stop watch I guess.
Have seen it run 3 times now and all in the mid tens for the 1/4.

So I would say yes it is more than capable especially now with the Hollinger box.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Quarter-mile

Nick,

Sorry mate, Ronnie has never run in the 10's, he has had several runs that were just a few hundreth's over 11.00 secs ie 11.05 etc, but has definitely never runs in the 10's.

He tried to again at the last meeting at North Weald this year (I watched), as reported on the front page on this site, but just failed to make it into the 10's.

No-one has runs a 10 in the UK, to my knowledge.

As far as the Jun car goes, it was a quick car in Japan, but is never seen or heard of in the UK, anyone got a timing slip for it????

Guy

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nick
Ronnie ran high 11's I think, most others ran low 13's

Guy,
I hear the Lemon (apt name if ever there was one) has run 10.3 downhill at crail.
Seriously though if that car is going to be taken seriously it needs to come to the meets where similar cars are e.g. North Weald, Santa Pod.

I am sure it is quick but not as quick as some would have us believe

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been at Crail when the car ran and it was very fast. It only did an 11.3et with 132mph terminal that day but I am sure it could do 10.8
I was there in a friends 1967 Pontiac Firebird with an 8.5l V8 running a two stage nitro kit and no exhaust. NA power is about 700bhp the nitro adds up to 500bhp. Paul Houston the driver was told by the organiser to only run road tyres not slicks so he went out to have a bit of fun and just do some mega wheelspins. It left black lines *ALL* the way down the strip with a run of 11.4 and a terminal of 133mph. Unfortunatly he jumped off the gas and on the brakes a little to fast the rear kicked sideways, we left the strip and entered a field at about 70-80mph then eventually came to a halt with both front wheels splayed out. It took half an hour to pull it out of the field :(
After closer inspetion damage was minimal so it will live to see antother day.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
TOTB

Ronnie ran 11.97 at 500m at TOTB, we can guesstimate what that would be for a quarter, but it would be just that - a scientific guess and as you know I am a pedantic git that prefers to deal in facts.

The car has ran at proper quartermile tracks on numerous occasions and has yet to get into the 10's. It is a certainty that he will do so once he has learnt to use the hollinger better.

Guy

·
Registered
312 Posts
11's

I too was under the impression that ronnie was marginally away from the 10's but i am sure this will be achieved very soon..
Also if i come across any other Skyline's running 10's apart from the Lemon i will try and post up the slip etc..

BTW I agree that the sequential boxes are a pain to master!;)

Stu

1 - 20 of 23 Posts