GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you guys know that whilst I am out here in Poland, I'm still holding the UK GT-R Register's end up.

Last Wednesday and Thursday was the Polish National Drag Racing Finals. Met a guy who wanted to race my (not particularly tuned) Skyline around Midnight on the Tuesday. Blew him away and he invited me to WATCH the next day. Cued (can't remember how to spell queued...) up with over 3000 Polish Nutters in the most outrageous cars including a Nitros powered Vectra!?!?!? and was immediately swarmed by everyone who had only seen on GT3. My car is the only one in Poland and probably anywhere right of Germany so lots of interest.

Then the organisers asked if I felt comfortable running against some of the more serious motors...just for fun.

First day, hangs head in shame, beaten by a 365HP tuned Scooby STI+ by half a second but it was the first time I've ever done 1/4 mile.

Next day, returned to have another go at the Scooby and go home embarassed. BEAT HIM BY SIX CAR LENGTHS, following advice from Mark at Abbey and Peter E on minor things like how many revs at the start line and when to brake!!! Car was excellent, so decided to have JUST ONE MORE GO. Queue formed, Two Vipers, One Corvette with huge tuning, Supra with GReddy T78 etc..

Long story short, beat EVERY one without exception and the whole of the country (mad on cars) is writing on the web about my car. Will add links later to show videos of a UK car winning. Got a huge trophy and a CERTIFICATE :))), which being British was what I really wanted, will hang in my office next to the One Width Swimming medal.

Upshot is, 2000 screaming babes, climbing all over my car (and a couple over it's driver), HUGE interest in Skylines and Czestechowa, the next big day looming. The guys over here are tuning like crazy to beat me in 4 weeks, when they tell me grudges will be settled.

Cheers
RGS:smokin:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Polish Drag

Richard,

Well done mate.

Its a shame its so damn far away or we could bring a few more to back you up at the next event.

Guy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Guy

Trust me, bearing in mind the 'fun' to be had over here, it ain't too far.

Drive to Berlin the first night, Warsaw by 4pm the next day. I do it in around 12 hours driving from Calais.

The crowd went absolutely crazy over the Skyline, imagine a really fast one, they would have been blown away!

RGS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Times

First to say, it was an actual airport they closed for two days, so not prepared for racing, second they only timed from the moment the lights went out at the other end of the 1/4 to the moment we broke the sensor at the finish, third it was 30 degrees, fourth it was uphill a bit.

So, 13.27 best time bearing in mind all the EXCUSES just given.

The guys timing the event said that although all times were counted the same, it would be prudent to knock off 1/4 second for their equipment??????

So not too bad.

Subaru against me first day, posted 14.66!

RGS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magazine Publishers

Can anyone tell me who publishes the MAIN tuning mags in the UK as I wish to set up the Polish version having seen the massive interest here?

RGS

·
Banned
349 Posts
Sounds bloody great!

Also Polish women can be very direct as to what they want :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Outstanding Totty

Thanks guys.

Just a little background, based on extensive global research; purely factual of course.

The best chicks in the world are East European!

Polish chicks are OUTSTANDINGLY good looking and like English men.

Ukrainian chicks are OUTSTANDINGLY OUTSTANDINGLY good looking and like sex with English men.

Both of the above are extremely keen on English men in fast cars.

Just thought I should point that out.

By the way, East European chicks are great...or did I already mention that?;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Oh oh.........

I smell a convoy getting together to Eastern Eastern Europe.

Maybe some of us going to the ring can hang a left and go to Poland . :D ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would certainly guarantee a GREAT time for all

...whatever your pleasure.

RGS

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Er..........

Thanx for the offer Mr.Follow me I'll go slow , but I don't really like you in that way...................:p :D

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Er...........

Does anyone know how far it is from Kent to the Ukraine?

Richard - well done matey. Just seems a long way to go just to get a certificate.

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts