GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm right in saying the R33 & R34 seats are interchangable right?

Has anyone out there ever fitted any aftermarket sports/race style lightweight seats to their motor?

Which ones? What did it cost, where the subframes difficult to get hold of, where did you buy them?

Pls, doesn't anyone wanna sell me their R34 GTR seats for a stupidly good price!!!

T.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Rupert has put aftermarket seats in his R33. I know, cos I bought his R33 seats and put them in my 200sx! Haha

The R34 seats look bigger than the R33 ones tho. Are you sure they would just swap into an R33?

·
Registered
554 Posts
No mate. Rupert kept them to bolt his new ones onto. I just got the runners which attach to the seat and had my brother make a set of 200sx subframes fit. Took him a little while. Beleive it or not, the runners on the skyline seat are closer together than they are on the 200sx.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take it that the original seats themselves unbolted off the frame's easy enough then?

If this is true then for sure we can get a Corbeau to fit their seats onto our subframes !!! Hmmm... Things are starting to sound _very_ interesting on that front !!

GUYS ANYONE WANT TO BUY SOME COOL CORBEAU, fast road or race seats for their Skyline? We are sure to get a great discount if we go direct to them and can make up sufficient numbers!

Trev

·
Registered
554 Posts
In a word....NO!

The skyline GTR seats are different in construction to 200sx and GTS.
On a 200sx for example, the cushion can be detached from the metalwork relatively easily. This is not the case on the GTR seats (R33 at least). It is moulded to the metalwork on the side bolster bit of the cushion. WHen I had mine welded, my bro had to be EXTRA careful he didnt get weld all ove the cushion, cos I couldnt take em apart!

As for the subframes coming away from the seat. Its a problem also. The sliders have to be split. This involves cutting away the rivets and the spot welds.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
709 Posts
R32,R33 and R34 seats are all interchangeable. GTR seats will fit into a GTS without any problems as I've done this myself.

Talat.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought they where interchangable since a guy on this very board told me recently he'd replaced his R33 GT-R seats with R34 ones.

It also stands to reason that the seats on the R34 GT-T to the R34 GT-R would be interchangeble since they use the same chassis and floor plan. Its very good news to know that the seats fit right across the board, R32, R33 & R34 .... H O W E V E R ....

The question still remains though, how easy is it to remove the seat itself FROM the frame ? for the people who've done this on this board (and i am sure there are several) how likely is it that the remaining frame could be fitted with a H frame for other seats to bolt onto (and I certainly wouldn't want to resort to welding!)

Trev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts