GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My skyline GTR V-spec 2 got stolen 43 days ago now :bawling:
The loss of my car has left a massive void in my life. I find myself sat bored at home trawling through the internet trying to find any scrap of infomation, be it the whole car or just parts. BUT nothing at all. :bawling:
This is the first time i have ever had to make a claim in all my years of driving (15) and it all totally sucks, first off the police have been a waste of time. Might aswell have not even rang them. They didn't even come out at the time of the theft, still haven't been to see me. Said they would post a crime number and never did, i had to ring them back a week later to get it for the insurance.
Because the car was stolen i don't get a courtesy/hire car. I dare bet that when they make an offer on the car it will be crap as i didn't have an agreed valuation policy.
I just wan't to go out for a blast, to put that skyline SMILE back on my face :(

Don't even know why i am writing this, guess i am just missing the car more than i thought possible.
Now i have wrote this it seems to have sunk in even more and i doubt now after 43 days that i will see my baby again. A few questions have sprung to mind though so would appreciate some answers if anyone can spare the time/knowledge.
What is the value of a mint condition 32 V-spec 2 ?
Is it possible to actually get another with them being limited numbers ? .
Mine had a few mods that was all declared. Main one being a complete respray in Bayside Blue, a subtle veilside body kit and trust spats, rear spoiler. Not much engine wise other than i just paid for the engine to be reconditioned with all new parts.

How long does insurance take to decide if the car won't be found ?

Cheers for reading, i am just depressed and missing the car like crazy. :nervous:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Keep looking out for it. If its been missing that long without being found burnt-out or smashed up, chances are its having its ID changed for re-sale...

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Post some pics up mate.

Any faults/problems for anyone to spot with the car that might give it away?

·
Super Moderator
15,843 Posts
Defo need some front, rear and engine shots mate, though I suspect an export.:mad:

You do see them for sale, but it's the custom paint job that's hard to value.

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
6 weeks is what the insurance class as a write off when stolen

i suspect as above its been re-id

you wouldnt want your GT-R back after that long, it could be in a sorry state :(

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
A 32 Vspec11 is a rare beast indeed and should command a high price. How much is a good example if you can find one for sale.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
sorry

really really sorry to hear of your bad news.as the above have sugested some pics would help.i cant imagine what your going threw mate,keep your chin up.:shy:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Has the insurance company given you a silly offer yet. Was wondering what sort of value they put on an R32 GTR V-SPEC 11.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has the insurance company given you a silly offer yet. Was wondering what sort of value they put on an R32 GTR V-SPEC 11.
No, not heard anything from the insurance company.
Just hope the offer isn't to low as i would like to get another car before the summer is over. :mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had my DC5 Integra stolen on June 23rd so I know what you are going through. Just makes you sick that people will do this. It is silly but you do miss it and you go through alot of emotions since it was not just a car to you it was your baby and it gave you alot of enjoyment.

I can't fault Thames Valley Police they have been very helpful and done everything they can to find it. Never came up on any cameras anywhere in the SE of England so on the back of a truck and out the country I expect.

As for the insurance company get on to them today and ask when the loss adjuster is coming, have your V5, Insurance Certificate and all the receipts for servicing and other work to hand. Get quotes from importers for a replacement car of the same spec. Get some adverts together from others that are being sold all the usual stuff.

They will low ball you at first. For example they offered me £6000 for my Teg but a bit of persuasion I was able to get what I wanted out of them. Just means I have missed the summer without a car to enjoy and only now two months later can start to look for a replacement which is probably going to be a R32 GTR since I am going to run two cars one for work and one for the weekend.

Sours your trust in other people. I would stick a few pics up but I guess you are not interested in a Honda :p

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I wouldn't be gutted, I would be contemplating seppuku. Well, I guess that is being gutted :p

Anyways, considering how much blood sweat and tears we put into these cars, stealing it is nearly as bad as kidnapping our children.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't be gutted, I would be contemplating seppuku. Well, I guess that is being gutted :p

Anyways, considering how much blood sweat and tears we put into these cars, stealing it is nearly as bad as kidnapping our children.
Agreed, it makes my blood boil. :chairshot

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am really sorry for you mate.

Its our worst nightmare.

I cannot say more. Just hope he dies a slow and painful death like someone said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts