GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a comment on whoflungdung's post/poll about TOTB V and it appears that maybe I've hit on something.

It seems that there may be sufficient interest for GTROC to have it's own championship?

Exactly what this championship should consist of is the subject of an open discussion, as is how it would work, but personally I think it would be an excellent opportunity to promote GTROC (and gtr.co.uk) and the Skyline marque.

My idea is to have a mix of events such as hillclimbs, sprints, drag runs, and timed lap sessions that would run alongside existing events. I'm sure these events would welcome the inclusion of a Skyline championship as it would boost the number of entries to their event.

So please feel free to join in the discussion, the comments and feedback of which will form the basis of a formal suggestion to Fuggles.

I know there are plenty of you out there just itching to get out and compete against fellow Skyline enthusiasts, so now's your chance to have an input in what you would like to see happen.

Nigel

·
6,821 Posts
Man that's what I am waiting for , for long time . . . .:clap: :clap:

If anything goes in that direction with GTROC, put me on the boat and you willhave full professional backup from luxembourg and later japan.:) :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I agree, it would only be worth doing if both clubs get together on this.:thumbsup:
I might just be up for it.:clap:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This is definately something we (Skyline Owners Club) would be interested in.

It would take a lot of planning so consideration to who would do that has to be made.

I would hope this would be something for the masses rather than the tuner supported guys?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
There is already something being worked on. A potential venue meeting is taking place next week and there coul;d be other marques there as well to make it a whole day. Not stealing anyone's thunder - great idea Nigel. :)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Great!. I've been tinkering with the idea of getting back into some kind motorsport with the GTR after a spell of rallying years ago with my RS2000. This sounds right up my street :clap:

Obviously no rallying in the GTR :chuckle: :chuckle: :p

TT

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
tarmac terror said:
Great!. I've been tinkering with the idea of getting back into some kind motorsport with the GTR after a spell of rallying years ago with my RS2000. This sounds right up my street :clap:

Obviously no rallying in the GTR :chuckle: :chuckle: :p

TT
Like the old Thunder Saloon Racing.:clap:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, cars are meant to be driven and a Skyline only event has got to be the way forward:)

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I love this idea, I doubt mine would pose much threat to anyone but it would still be cool to watch.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Typical... just as i sell my GTR this idea comes up.... lol...:)

Seriously though, this sounds like a really good idea.

Maybe i'll re-brand my next project with some GTR badges...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the positive feedback to date, it's good to know for sure that there is a market for such a series/championship.

I've never been to TOTB, but when I saw photos of cars going around traffic cones at Elvington I thought it was very carpark autotest, and something that would never interest me.

I am sure we can get our heads together to get a series of events together that Skyline owners really want to do, and I think a mix of hillclimbs, sprints, timed lap sessions and perhaps even drag events would appeal to most (there should be something there to suit everyone, right?).

We have an opportunity to create something special here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts