GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Just to confirm the Litchfield GTROC Snetterton Sprint is taking place on Sunday 5th October :)

A Sprint

You & your car, on track alone for 1 lap against the clock, yourself and the other competitors! Up to 8 Practice & 8 Competitive runs during the day to a maximum total of 16 runs

The Course:

The sprint will run on Snetterton's most recent addition - the fast and twisty 100 Circuit. It's also relatively short so laps need to be as clean & focused as possible or you'll lose time!!

Key:
____ = The course
____ = Return to paddock
Green Square: Start
Chequer: Finish

2013 Snetterton Sprint Video with MLR & 22B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfe5VRPEUZQ

Regs:
  • All cars need to be fitted with a 1.5kg fire extinguisher within reach of the driver, and be running tyres listed in the MSA 1A or B tyre list
  • Occupants need to wear a helmet and have their arms and legs covered
  • Noise limit is 105 dBA static
  • Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of £10
  • All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event

GTROC Sprint Timetable:
  • 08:00 - Registration
  • 08:45 - Driver Briefing
  • 09:15 - Sighting lap
  • 09:30 - Practice runs
  • 12:00 - Lunch
  • 12:30 - Competitive runs
  • 16:30 - Event closes and trophies awarded

Trophies:
  • Trophies will be presented to the top 3 drivers on the day

Bookings:
  • On a first come first served basis
  • Please visit the GTROC Shop or call us on 08451 25 26 23.
  • Places cost £129 for the day
  • Please see MLR's Cancellation Policy here

Circuit Info:
  • Address: Snetterton Circuit, Norwich, Norfolk, NR16 2JU
  • Tel: 01953 887303
  • Fuel: There is a fuel station onsite and fuel will be available several times during the day, usually 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
  • Restaurant: Tyrrell's restaurant will be open throughout the day for breakfast, dinner and snacks
  • Accommodation: click here

Spectating:
  • TBC - MSV may put a charge on the gate, but we've asked them to accept members showing their membership cards as in previous years. Watch this space.
  • No animals allowed in cars or on leads

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Does anyone know what fire extinguisher and mounting kit to get? Ideally I'd want something that doesn't require drilling holes, I have a cross bar that goes across the rear footwell area so was thinking I might be able to clamp it to that.. Had a a quick look and amazon sell them for about £20.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Does anyone know what fire extinguisher and mounting kit to get? Ideally I'd want something that doesn't require drilling holes, I have a cross bar that goes across the rear footwell area so was thinking I might be able to clamp it to that.. Had a a quick look and amazon sell them for about £20.
JJC Rally/Motorsport 1.75 Ltr Hand Held Fire Extinguisher MSA Rally Race | eBay

Comes with a bracket and you can use a couple of jubilee clips to attache to your floor brace - sorted::)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Cable tied to runners on front of passenger seat.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Alex - many thanks for that, you're a star :bowdown1:

So, maybe 5 32's if me and tommy turn up!!

Should know about 2 weeks before if I can make it. Keeping everything crossed :)

Just need some decent tyres, new turbos + remap etc and will be all set... Or will make do with what I have :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Ordered my fire extuinguisher:)

Does anyone know the latest we can book this?

Anyone got any in car vids?

Have only ever done an afternoon at Snetterton before, not in a skyline either :eek:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ordered my fire extuinguisher:)

Does anyone know the latest we can book this?

Anyone got any in car vids?

Have only ever done an afternoon at Snetterton before, not in a skyline either :eek:
If You are after in car Vids from Snett you should find some here

It was the MLRSS from last year I think

Steve:cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfe5VRPEUZQ

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Happy days:)

I'm booked!!!! :) :)

Got a fire extinguisher too (thanks Alex) just need to mount it and then will be ready :)

My plan is to lay down such a smoke screen so that no one else will be able to see where they're going;)

Turbos have been on the way out since June, car's only done a couple of hundred miles (on track) but I'm a bit worried about them failing completely.. Will some of you keep me company while I wait for the AA?? :eek:

Will be a brilliant day regardless!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
And a nice video to promote the series as well ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts