GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:
I just joined the board. I'm the tech advisor to Fast and Furious and I'm pleased to sneak peek to you all that an R34 will be in the sequel as a main car.

As an owner of an R34, this of course, makes me happy.

I can be emailed privately at [email protected] and would like to learn from others on this board. Looking forward to making new friends....

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome Craig,

Any insights into the story then ?

If you have any exclusive pictures I am sure you'll be able to get them hosted by someone on here.

What sort of spec are the cars in the film made to then ?

On the front of the R34 with the lairy graphics there is a coil in front of the intercooler, could you confirm if this is a C02 cooling system.. if not the could you shed some light.

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve;
The car is silver for the movie with Shelby type stripes in blue. Email your email address, you can post pics (I can't seem to figure out how to do it) of the car before Universal spec'd it out to their needs, and after.

The small oval spray bar is for nitrous oxide to chill the intercooler...in the USA, nitrous oxide is very popular.

As for the specs on the car, it features a CWest kit, HRE 446 wheels, 15" front Stop Tech brakes.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The small oval spray bar is for nitrous oxide to chill the intercooler...in the USA, nitrous oxide is very popular.
Shouldnt that be CO2(Carbon Dioxide)?

BTW Welcome to the bored... errr Board.. :p

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Craig.

Welcome to GTR UK and great to hear from you and I hope CA is well. I was out there this time last year (long beach and San Fran) but I wish I was out there now so I could hook up with you guys to have a poke around.

Great choice of car as we were all a little offended that the yellow R33 played such a minor role in the last one :p ;)

Glad you saw the light as the skyline is really seen as the daddy over here and cars like ronnies 700 BHP r33 are really blowing everyone away.

Can you mail me the infos as well:
[email protected]

And yes we have offices all over CA and our HQ is in sunnyvale.
Have a big event in san fran in November called Integration world but sadly travel cuts mean non attendance..

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nick

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but Im having trouble remembering whether Craig was actually in TFATF, or just an advisor to it....

Anyone?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both

I played the "pudgy white flagger guy" at the race scene in the desert. I was also a Tech Advisor...you can see me on the behind the scenes footage on the DVD.

My wife and I owned the orange Supra and Blue Maxima from the movie. We also own the Skyline they used for this picture (they actually used four Skylines).

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Craig,
Cheers for the pix. I don't think it looks too bad. I certainly wouldn't mind it sitting outside my house !!

Nitrous oxide is very expensive here if you are just going to spray it on an intercooler, is it cheap in the states ?

enjoy your car.
The spec that you sent me is most impressive, right up there with the big boys.

/Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
thought the name ringed a bell

Craig.
went down well over here so keep up the good work.
lovely motor and I believe that the Supra is now over here in Europe as well.
4 skylines sounds good to me
and we all wait with baited breath. It will go down a treat here!!

Nick

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello

Wow, a name I have actually heard of!

Hopefully this isn't someone on a wind up.

Considered God in the import scene over there.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
If its any consolation Craig, I knew who you were (just not whether you were actually in the film or not) and had to go on IMDB to find out the names of the other people in the film!*

I would imagine that most of the people on this board, when they think of TFATF they immediately think of you. :smokin:

* Obviously Vin Diesel is an exception, just because of his latest film being in my immediate memory

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Must be fun trying to concentrate with all that totty walking about in high skirts and low tops !!

I'd hate that.:p

That is one funny thread. So much pent up anger..

/Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahh yes, naked girls, hot cars

Tis true...it was a rough four days out there when we filmed the desert racing scene. And yes, the women were incredible.

My favorite was a female stunt driver...Debbie Evans, of MI2 fame. Good lucking, great driver and very down to Earth.

In part 2 though, the women are MUCH cuter...and more naked.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
excellent !!

Storyline distraction techniques seem to have found the right blend of women and cars !!

I am looking forward to it even more now.

There has even been talk of the Skyline register guys organising a meet to go and watch it. imagine that 30+ skylines parked outside the cinema on the night we go to watch !!

/Steve

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Re: Ahh yes, naked girls, hot cars

CraigLieberman said:
Good lucking, great driver and very down to Earth.
Did you mean "looking" Craig? Or is it a one letter typo? :rolleyes: :D

(sorry to lower the tone, I couldn't resist)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
tough life then

Craig. Looking at all that hot SMOOT and driving skylines all day.. shit what a job. I saw some of those pics and there are some seriously cute buns around there!!

Now Craig you must refer to the ladies as "SMOOT" as I made a commitment to a lost friend to spread his favourite word across the world and get it into some sort of dictionary one day.

The boys on here use it ,as do my local clans and beyond. Be a good man and spread it like wildfire on the west coast.
**Now if you got it in the movie I would buy a 100 copies - LOL**
example....have you seen FAFT? some serious cars and some wicked smoot on there...
STEVEC:
That sounds like a cracking idea mate to turn up somewhere to watch it.
Why don't we get a preliminary thread underway? Where would we all go to??

Nick

1 - 20 of 257 Posts