GTR Forum banner

Do you want to keep the second Skyline track day exclusively Skyline?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No, I'm happy for other makes to join in.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No, I'm happy for other makes to join if we are low on numbers.

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it seems there should be enough of us to make it worthwhile having another go at Kemble. :) Friday 2nd November seems to the most popular choice so I'll get ET to reserve this for us now as they want to make sure the airfield is quiet in the afternoon on that day. Sorry if this isn't your preferred date. BTW, the owner of Kemble was also disappointed that aspects of our day there weren't as expected so we should get good co-operation.

This time, in the afternoon, the runway will be open at the same time as the circuit so if you don't fancy the high speed runs or drag starts, you can carry on with a slightly altered circuit in the afternoon. The circuit will not be littered with tyres, it will be much cleaner than last time and will not be so tight.

I've had 9 people respond so far and I guess we need 12 minimum to keep it to £100 or less if more come along. Although it is 'the more, the merrier'.

I will mail everybody who has replied on this and those who came along last time (just in case some people haven't read the forum lately) with payment details. If it's OK with everybody, I think the deposit should be £80 and see how it all pans out.

Just to avoid any confusion on the matter of other makes, can you please vote in the poll if you are intending to participate in this event.

I'll let Duke Video know and M&M just to see if they want a repeat visit. Any other ideas?

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK, who's cheating?! I've only heard from 10 of you from here so far and 14 have voted! :D

Seriously though, can you please mail me as soon as possible now as it looks like we'll have to invite other interested parties along unless we can get the numbers up a bit. I mailed most people who attended last time and haven't heard from half of them/you yet.

The date is confirmed as Friday 2nd November. Assuming that we'll have 20 cars this time, the cost will be £60 each so can you please send your cheques made payable to EASYTRACK by Friday 5th October to:

Peter Everett,
C/O SVS,
7, Bishopsmead Parade,
East Horsley,
Surrey.
KT24 6RT.

So far the following have expressed an interest:

Jon W.
Jamie M. (club driving instructor :))
Steve C.
Dee M.
Ian S.
Ian C S.
Rupert J.
Bruce H.
Xanthe H. (non Skyline)
Paul D.
Stu H.
Dave W.
Michael D.
Steve R.
Stu M.
Glen H.
Mark C.
Richard Sp.
Henry S. (ns)
Richard S. (ns)
Guy R.
Joss E.
Scott ? (ns)
Dave S.
John ?
Peter E.

Cheers.

Peter.

[email protected]

·
Registered
997 Posts
Kemble 2

Peter,
If there are no objections,I will bring the Blitz Supra.I`ve been sitting on the fence to wether to attend or not but I did vote to allow different makes & I guess that I should be OK?.

Let me know and I`ll try to get my brother Richard with the Blue Supra to attend also;)

Cheers,
Henry.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Henry,

No problem. I've put you and Richard down. It'll be interesting to see your Supra perform. That makes a total so far of 20 people interested although that may not translate into 20 actually coming along.

As there was hardly any queuing last time for the circuit, 24 won't be a problem this time, if we get that many.

This Friday is the deadline so could any of the above who are definites now, please send your cheques in asap. I need to send a deposit off soon to book the day for us. If we get more than 20, I'll refund the difference on the day.

As the poll indicates that the majority of people don't object to making up the numbers with other makes, if any of you have friends who would like to come along in cars suitable to run with Skylines, could you mail me please.

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're on the list Guy, thanks.

3 days to go and there's a distinct shortage of cheques??

The last/first track day saw a quite a few people leaving payment until the last minute so I hope this one's the same....:confused:

Peter.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Peter, I am awaiting the thumbs up from my garage as to the state of the car. Should know by tomorrow. Will post when the cheque is in the post.
Get everyone else to do the same and you will know how much mail is arriving on friday!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If only it was that easy Dave.

In fact, we've only got 4 cheques so far and 1 of those is mine!

'fingers out' and 'Get your' comes to mind... :)

If it don't happen, it don't happen I suppose, it's up to you (not you Dave :)).

Heres hoping anyway.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Joss and tee hee Glen, the exercise will not do you any harm! :)

Saw your car today in pieces again Glen! You're determined to get those times down a bit aren't you.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi John,

The payment details are in the 2nd posting above.

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Cheque in post!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for promoting me to club Driving instructor! I also dabble in Gynocoligy (first inspection free) whilst you are promoting my services!

Can we do some timed laps at some point in the day so as I can back up my mouth?! If we keep it to 12 cars it shouldn't take to long?

I think it will be interesting to see how a standard 34 shapes up against cars with bigger power through the twisty stuff, don't you?

Regards

JM.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Timed laps!

Lets not let the insurance company know about this or we'll all be getting worried.

Also will easy track let you time the laps?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Timing

Jamie

Us 34 owners don't need stopwatches as we have lap timers don't we :p .

Peter

What was off the car. I can't remember what I ordered.

glen

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.