GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

Can anyone show/tell me what documents do you have after doing Germany registration (TUV / TüV)?

Thanks a lot.
Greetings from Switzerland

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you get a normal Fahrzeugbrief and a full car Ausnahmegenehmigung.
Can you show me some photos?
There are details about the Euro emission standars and for the noise of the car+exhaust? And for the gearbox and steering wheel side?

·
Registered
381 Posts
The final registration documents ("Fahrzeugbrief, Zulassungbestätigung Teil 1") you get after registering the car is the same as for every car registered in Germany.

It is a long way getting this documents for a car which is not made for the european market. Main problem is, the engine wasn't available in Europe, so there is no exhaust emmision test documents available.
You need to do this for your car (around 1200€ for every time you try), or if your car is completely stock, you can go to one of the companies who already did the test on a stock car. Also you need an data sheet with all messurements, tire size and a lot more.
You need to get an rear fog light, swap headlight lenses for LHD ones. They need an *E* sign for use in germany. Also you need another set of rear reflectors, because the OEM don't have the *E* engraved.

Easiest way is to use one of the companies who do this almost every day.
You can get the documents for around 1000-1500€ from them.
If the car has any modifications, it will get more expensive, because every non original part will be added to the documents of the car. Parts which effect the power of the car or the emmissions can only be registered with a new emmisson test as stated above (1200€ every time you try)

Since a few months, there is also a massive problem to get wheels and coilovers registered that come without TÜV documents. As there are no coilover setups for Skylines with this documents, it is nearly impossible to get this registered at the moment. Same problem for all japanese wheels and of course for the cheap chinese knockoffs.

Edit: the "Ausnahmegenehmigung" (exceptional permission) is needed because the car don't has a electrical headlight high adjustment, which is needed for cars in germany after 01.01.1990

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks my friend

The final registration documents ("Fahrzeugbrief, Zulassungbestätigung Teil 1") you get after registering the car is the same as for every car registered in Germany.

It is a long way getting this documents for a car which is not made for the european market. Main problem is, the engine wasn't available in Europe, so there is no exhaust emmision test documents available.
You need to do this for your car (around 1200€ for every time you try), or if your car is completely stock, you can go to one of the companies who already did the test on a stock car. Also you need an data sheet with all messurements, tire size and a lot more.
You need to get an rear fog light, swap headlight lenses for LHD ones. They need an *E* sign for use in germany. Also you need another set of rear reflectors, because the OEM don't have the *E* engraved.

Easiest way is to use one of the companies who do this almost every day.
You can get the documents for around 1000-1500€ from them.
If the car has any modifications, it will get more expensive, because every non original part will be added to the documents of the car. Parts which effect the power of the car or the emmissions can only be registered with a new emmisson test as stated above (1200€ every time you try)

Since a few months, there is also a massive problem to get wheels and coilovers registered that come without TÜV documents. As there are no coilover setups for Skylines with this documents, it is nearly impossible to get this registered at the moment. Same problem for all japanese wheels and of course for the cheap chinese knockoffs.
Such a good informations, thanks.

My goals is to import a Skyline to Switzerland, but if I have a car with Germany registration, it's a lot easier in Switzerland.
And yes, I go choose a stock car.
The aftermartket parts in Switzerland have the same problem like you in Germany.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Post above edited.
Try RHD Speedmaster. He will support you with everything.
He isn't the cheapest, but will do the job. Especially for a stock car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys.
Thanks a lot for all those informations.

I allready ordered my car from Japan.
I choosed an R34 GTT with Nismo/GTR Body Kit.

I open a new thread as soon I receive it.
Greetings

1 - 20 of 24 Posts