GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some feedback on what would be the best proven products for the R33 GTR Vspec from my little list pls, as my skyline is on it's way over on the boat and i wanna have the bits ready to fit to it...if anyone could help i would appreciate it!!!

Intercoolers: Blitz, HKS, Trust-Greddy, Apexi. I've heard the Greddy one ???

Air filters: Blitz, Apexi. ? I think this is down to personal prefference ????

Exhaust: Blitz, Apexi, HKS, Trust..I've spoken to a few people and they have said that if i don't want to go over 600BHP then all I need is a 3" bore system, which would mean NO HKS or Apexi !!

Any ideas?!? Any suggestions would grateful

Cheers

D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The intercooler choice is more dependant on power than the exhaust choice.

It is down to personal preference at the end of the day. Some people want old peoples dentures to fall out as they drive past others want the more stealthy roar from the other exhausts.

the size of the I/C depends on how much power you want to go for. the bigger the ic the bigger the turbos you can use to inflate it.

I believe the biggest Trust one is the daddy but then that may just be people's personal preferences.

there seems to be an even split between the trust Airnx ? air filter and the HKS super power flow. I have the latter but some people don't use them and opt for other makes.

your best bet is to decide on a power spec then double it and go for the parts which would make that possible !!

The trouble with upgrades is that the more you do to enhance the power/handling the more you want to do. if you think 450 bhp is enough now then you can safely assume that you'd like to build another 100 or 200 bhp in to it eventually.

buying things like I/c 's once will save you a lot of money in the long run.

My motto is is you can afford the bigger/better one then go for it as you don't have to run everything at it's maximum and this will buy you some peace of mind when it comes to reliabilty, whilst giving you the most flexibility should you decide to build that 650 bhp monster !!

Dont forget the ECU and oil coolers, and you may want to think about getting a decent clutch ( this makes a world of difference).

Then have a think about slowing the bastard down once you have made a rocketship..

waffle complete.... flak jacket on.

if you need anything else fire away..

/Steve

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that steve some interesting points.!!

Anyone else got any views !!!!

Also what's the correct offset for the rims on the skyline ????

Cheers

D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
hello

A good start would be to get in contact with Gary from GT-ART, can give you his number if you want it, just pm me.

He will have the bits you want on the shelf and will be able to talk thru realistic mods and what you want fom your car in the end.

I can help you with bringing it thru customs and sva if you need.

Glad to help........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts