GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Today is the 1st time I see a Skyline V35/Infiniti G35 on US road. It is kind of weird for me since I was in Japan twice last year, so I am used to seeing the V35 on the road, so today seeing the G35 make me feels like being in Japan for a second there.

Well Nissan FINALLY gave us American a genuine Skyline, but look at the spec, it is a joke, it is just a rear wheel drive Cefiro/Maxima.

Thank god there is MotoRex, if not for them, I would be taking the bus today as there are no other car worth buying in the American new car market :eek:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dino,

The American V35 is badged as a infiniti G35.

Yes the only engine available is the VQ35DE. 10.3:1 compression ratio. It puts out 260HP, and 260 lb-ft of torque

The only transmission available is a 5 speeds automatic. No 8 speeds CVT.

Weight is 1516 KG.

As I said, it is only a RWD Cefiro/Maxima. But American are lucky to have this car :rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dino,

I don't know how well they are selling, as they are not suppose to be available for sell until March, they don't even have them in the dealer yet.

For some reason, the area I live in, I always see cars driving around on the road that are not for sell offically yet. Maybe there are a lot of people that lives around me that are into the car retail business. But the V35 I saw on the road yesterday was driven by an older ladies.....who knows :p

Jeff

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
V35

I feel that I need to point out that there have always been 'normal' Skylines, not just GT-Rs.
Obviously, I prefer to drive my GT-R, but for a four door saloon that performs well, fits 5 people in comfort and plenty of luggage, my V35 kicks the ass of any Euro-box I've driven, including any 3-series short of an M. (and I'm not even going to mention American cars) ;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bean,

Yes I know what you are talking about. I know Skyline is a line of cars, and I wasn't saying the V35 is a bad car, in fact I know it is a wonderful car, if I want a 4 doors sedan that can carry 4 people in comfort, I would pick the V35 too. ;)

I was just complaining that Nissan always said they will bring the Skyline over to the US, but when they do, they don't bring the GTR. I know the nex GTR will be coming to the US, but it is not the 4WD RB26DETT monster that we all love.

I guess I have nothing to complain about since I have my R34 GTR :D

I am with you all the way there, I think Japanese car is superior compare to any other cars in the world. European car are way over price with average performance and can't be tuned. American car is just a big joke :rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I don't physically have a R34 GTR yet :(

I just ordered a R34 GTR V-spec II Nur, so right now I am happy that I will have a R34 GTR.

I will be very very happy when I am actually driving the GTR everyday :D

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts