GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
this is an old raf marham plot I got of my passionford thread, someone posted it as I was measureing my times and gave me some comparisons.

are the r33 runs anybody of here ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
tommy kaira r gtr

Hi all, im new to this site and have joined as im thinking of selling my special car so just going to see what interest it generates/Users/skylinegtr69/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2014/01/21/20140121-204207/IMG-20140121-WA0002.jpg

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Hi all, im new to this site and have joined as im thinking of selling my special car so just going to see what interest it generates/Users/skylinegtr69/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2014/01/21/20140121-204207/IMG-20140121-WA0002.jpg
I rather enjoy this now

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
SS - nice graphs you've posted of your runs. You can really see the benefit the flappy paddle boxes have - if the GTR had one of those you'd have shaved a second off your 30-130 time.

That passionford table is a bit weird; some of the things don't stack up on that. Maybe this is the difference between claimed and actual bhp ;) eg it seems odd that FUD and Thrust have the same car with the same claimed power but one does 30-130 in under half the time of the other.

Cheers,
Kingsley.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
SS - nice graphs you've posted of your runs. You can really see the benefit the flappy paddle boxes have - if the GTR had one of those you'd have shaved a second off your 30-130 time.

That passionford table is a bit weird; some of the things don't stack up on that. Maybe this is the difference between claimed and actual bhp ;) eg it seems odd that FUD and Thrust have the same car with the same claimed power but one does 30-130 in under half the time of the other.

Cheers,
Kingsley.

the gtr boxes are simply mind blowing, its not just the shift its also the lag after shifting all of that added together, then look at a plot of my r35 and there is no dip you cant even see the shifts 2nd gear onwards (theres a tiny dip in first but the tc is working its nuts off keeping the power to the ground.

I will start the plots at 4 mph to remove the take off from the equation, even then my r33 start was way better as I did build revs then ride the clutch out where I just clicked the r35 in drive and hit the throttle, heres an overlay of my r33 and my r35 with the r33 getting a much better start

the r35 also gave away 0.4 seconds in the 5 - 50 mph so there is also that to come off the r35s time with better start

the main thing is though the shifts they are invisible :eek:

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Out in Antons car last week tried a couple of 30-130 pulls managing a best time of 11.67 using GPS based timer. 578bhp running 1.4 bar boost. Need to really get into the 10s and below.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Out in Antons car last week tried a couple of 30-130 pulls managing a best time of 11.67 using GPS based timer. 578bhp running 1.4 bar boost. Need to really get into the 10s and below.
Sounds about right for that power, I did 11.3 with about 580 hp r32 gtr

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Im sure with quicker gear changes we could probably get into high 10's. Something to test next time after he has got his car back from the workshop.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Im sure with quicker gear changes we could probably get into high 10's. Something to test next time after he has got his car back from the workshop.

I doubt it has the power to hit 10s, I hit mid tens somewhere I cant remember exact figure with 610 hp, and 9.7 with 710 hp all h pattern clutch, but with a gearbox like an r35 those figures will be smashed easily.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
If someone could lend me a Vbox for the Fast Show at Santa Pod later this month I could let you know what a 33GTR can do?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Not v box but nz autocar tested my old setup around 2004 with some kind of demon gps did 0 - 60 in 3.54
& 11.1 1/4 mile

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
RS581 lemans off the gibson motorsport car
260° cams
port matched
1.4 bar boost
standard gearbox & diff
nismo twinplate
700cc injectors
576 hp at the crank