GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on a bike forum I belong to.. trying to track down the owner of this beast :bowdown1:

Had some fun on way home from work....

Spotted two bright yellow cars up ahead heading out of Ringwood A31 moving real fast. Move behind the first one and it's a Subaru, he moves out the way and 2nd is a Skyline... both cars stickered up with full on body kits.

I thought I'd bate the skyline a little and shift to back of seat and clutch a 80mph wheelie right up to his bumper. He then starts weaving side to side trying to get car in front to move.... car moves and he nails it, with me doing the same. Each gear change he makes a ton of flames spits out his exhaust near on setting me on fire :)

We both hurtle down the dual carriage way and I cannot pass him, locked to his rear bumper..... then up ahead is a roundabout and sitting on the reservation is a police BMW 'SHIIIIIIT'. I look down at speedo and I’m doing just over 150 :-(. We both hit brakes and enter roundabout but police do nothing, just stare at us.

Onto the next road heading down to Poole and I start a slow overtake of traffic and to my amazement the skyline then overtakes me while overtaking :\ ...I've never seen a car move like this before. I pull in and let him come along side and he winds down window.... 'how much power does that thing put out, it's mental', he shouts back, '835BHP'

First car EVER I've seen near on match a bike for outright acceleration.........
scary stuff, but A LOT of fun. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The funny thing is I posted this on a few bike forums and the abuse I get is crazy... no-one believes cars can be this fast.

I've ridden for 16 years and never seen a car as fast as this one... a zx12 will leave any normal production supercar in it's wake.

BIG kudos to whoever owned this skyline, and BIG respect from me. :clap:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Got to agree, i ride a tweaked ZX12 and have been on bike's most of my life, as the biker's out there know you can tell the diffference between a biker whose playing with you or properly going for it, well since buying my Skyline last year i have had a few run in's with some of the bigger bike's and yes they do need to use all the throttle to put any meaninfull distance between us, my car run's around the 600BHP mark (although next stage in progress:) ) so i have no doubt at all if that was the Lemon you were dicing with you had you work cut out!!!

To put into perspective just over a year ago i got into one with a Gallardo while on the ZX...... he was very quickly a dot in my mirror's........The Lemon is a quick car:bowdown1:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fluke said:
'how much power does that thing put out, it's mental', he shouts back, '835BHP'
Geez! Save some KW for the rest of us! :bowdown1:

Can the owner please PM me, I'd love to talk to you about your set up.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
All on private roads of course - that's why the police didn't do anything about it.

Also are we talking leptons rather than mph ... because my understanding is that the lepton value is double the mph value :D

LOL !

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Yea was me.:clap: :clap:
Just comming back from York .
Good crack mate.
And i shouted to you 800+ To warm mate
Mick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ohh

So what power is it putting out ?

On the straight where I was behind you I eased off for a few seconds then really couldn't reel you in at all......was a big surprise as I've run with all sorts of cars before and never in 16 years so far had any trouble :D

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Around the 800 mark thats with rase gas and the ecu mapp switched on.
I was on road use 1.4 bar on pump fuel. Around the 740 mark.

Mick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahh, well... must be a blast driving it. Were you expecting to see my lights vanish into distance behind when you floored it ? :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
No mate not at all. I seen you coming so i was ready. I knew it would be a good even race my boy loved it.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im not sure the 150 was accurate anyway as I wasn't looking alot at speedo, just the yellow blur up ahead lol

Seat of pants speedo is often all ya need :D

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
One day my car

Will be half as fast as the Lemon.

Good to see someone using their weapons of mass acceleration in the right place. (So sue me. My opinion.)

As soon as I saw the words Subaru and Skyline, I knew it. Mr B, you are a baaaaaaaaad man. And I can admire that in a Skyline owner.

And chops to the biker who comes on a Skyline forum to 'fess up - no wonder you got flamed unto death on bike forms. Nice one.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.