GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , anyone know if Skyline wheels fit a 200sx , and if so anyone got any cast offs :)

Appreciate any help

Gaz

·
Registered
205 Posts
Fight you for them.

The GTR is 5 hole gts is 4 hole and they do fit in essence.

I think we should get back to aour own board.

C.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I think there is already a line of us waiting for used ones :) - My GTS does have standard and I dont like em... but not yet found an ideal replacement.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Remember your offsets boys or you run the risk of snapping your driveshafts, and or binning your car......

R32 offsets are 40mm for GTS4, and 30mm for the GTR, hence why couldn't have these very nice wheels......bugger, never mind Ide rather ron on 16 by 6.5 than listen to the snap and clunk of a drive shaft snapping......ooooooo :(

Si

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice Draxx , think i'll save my pennies for some correctly fitting wheels then , didn't know about the offset difference :( , shame though

cheers

Gaz

Cookie , another year and this will be my board :)
(come on you lucky balls)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wheels

Draxx,

Umm !!... I have 16x8J (ex GTR) on my R32 GTS, the fit looks and feels fine to me, gave 'em a workout on track last week and nothing fell off or broke :D

Gaz,

Try Keith on 07790 270967 (Hants) he has a set of R32 GTS 16x6.5J wheels with tyres for £150 (as 18.30 today), no idea of condition or if 4 or 5 hole, phoned him in responce to an ad in Banzi, but the bits I wanted have been sold :(

RonS

PS. Draxx... thanks for the link on your site, to mine :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
**** the offset

Gaz,

Sod the offset and scaremongering- hundreds of drifters in Japan can't be wrong. An S14 with R33 GT-R rims will look very nice. I'd also recommend anyone with an S13 to do the same although you'll have to get some 5 stud hubs off a Skyline/Z32 first.

Talat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I have a third opinion please

Thats two totally opposite opinions , thanks guys.

Any further advice ? what size are GTR33 wheels please?
Are rear wider than front?

Thanks

Gaz

·
Registered
905 Posts
U've got the info now Gaz, time to make you're own mind up now me thinks, everyone is different and everyone drives different, so who knows, I was advised not to, and I could see why......

Si:D

PS No worries Ron!!!;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Third opinion

Gaz,

Yep... you sure can have a third opinion, I think these, on my old S13 look good, 7x17in Smiths Revolutions and way cheaper than a secondhand set of GTR alloys...

RonS

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Gaz the size of R33GTR wheels are 17x9j and the offset on the rear is abit more that the front,as for fitting on an s14 im selling mine to a mate tried them on his s14 and they fit apart from 245/45/17 tyres will rub badly on the front.

let us know how u get on..

ps. R33 GTR wheels were originally made by BBS and are FORGED well thats what SHIN at PROSPEC told me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks very much for your help

Looks to me that they will fit if i have slightly narrower tyres on the front , 225 max by the look.

Not sure about the offset bit though no expert unfortunately

SILVIA S14
Front 18-8.0J +27(SH) 225/40 230 -5
Rear 18-9.0J +36(L) 255/35 260 -5

Anyone know standard figures for GTR33 as these are max sizes and now i know mine should be able to tell :)

, roughly how much do a secondhand set of GTR wheels go for?
This might help me along a bit

R34 way too big unfortunately , and prob too expensive anyway.

MySkyline you have a Skyline in Singapore??? I worked there for 6 months a few years ago and was told that most people have small cars as even something like a Suzuki Swift cost ridiculous amounts with taxes etc?
Although the most popular car at the time was a Mercedes which cost around S$200'000
Also that cars are scrapped at 10 years old.
It was too expensive even for me to hire a car , I had to use the buses (MRT if i remember rightly)
How did you get your hands on a monster machine :)

Gaz

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hehe :D Yup its the MRT...cars ain't cheap here.

I bought my car @ $140,000. If you think thats expensive what til u check out the GT-R price....a Whooping $285,000!!!

For that price I could get a supercar else where!!! A Ferrari 360 Modena perhaps.

The sadest part of owning a car here.....it has to scrapped at the end of 10 years :( And we have annual car inspection,modifications of the car is illegal :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are R32 GT-R wheels 16x8 +30 114.3x5 both front and rear?
Because I'm looking to fit a pair on my FC3S if it doesn't cost too much to get some shipped over from japan or whever I can find them.

*edit*
And does anyone know the weight of each wheel, and have any close up pics of R32 GT-R wheels ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts