GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody....bueller?

Guys (n gals) does anyone know what sort of Le Mans cred the GTR has? I know they built the Le mans edition in 96 to celebrate sth but was in the Le Mans name or actual participation?

Thinking of trying to get in on the drivers parade as any cars that has had or still has Le Mans participation and heritage auotmatically qualifies for this.

And trust me the drivers parade is unreal when 150 000 people think you are a driver!! Also they rarely see TVRs over there...as for skylines..well non existant.

Cheers, NLW

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
I watched them compete with the Nismo and Calsonic (hmm Calsonic swimsuits - second only to the Hawaiin Tropics) cars in 199? and 199? - damn too many beers to remember the years!!!

I have a load of photos somewhere from the pit lane walkabout of the Nismo garage. When I finally move back to England (next year sometime) I will dig them all out and scan them and post a few here.

If I remember correctly they were only RWD and had both restrictions on boost levels and turbo inlet diameter to stop them winning! Only 550ish hp if memory ain't too fuzzy.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers dude

and I just found a great link to the whole library of pics from the 95 event where the Nismo team went out to Play!!
Some great pics here from the whole event and looks like they went for it as well.
Also based on the R33 which is a nice touch for some of us.

ENJOY!!:
http://www.nissan.co.jp/Lemans/Library/verification/

This gives sth to work one and justification that the GTR was present and deserves a place there.

Keep you posted.
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts