GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

(I don't know if this is the right category to post this, but I'll try)

I'm trying to be the first one to own a registered Skyline in Norway. Since this car is made for the Japanese marked only, there are some problems with the approval. The Road Department in Norway is very strict, and requires all sorts of documentation and papers.

So my question is: Does anyone know what issues may come up trying to register a R33 Skyline GTR in Europe? Other than the fact that it is RHD (that, for some reason, is no problem here...).
Or do you know if there exists any European approval papers (from TÜV or similar)?

All help would be appreciated; I really want this car...
:D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Registering

My guess here (correct me if I´m wrong) is that Nissan UK made a Single Vehicle Type Approval to get the Skyline oifficially into the UK. For sure there won´t be any Whole Vehicle Type Approval (European as you call it) since it costs more money and the Skyline was never intended outside of the UK market when Nissan/Middlehurst brought it in.

Why don´t you get someone to register it in Sweden for you and then import it to Norway? Maybe it doesn´t help but I know that many cars are sold to Norway from Sweden. Worth checking I guess.

My 2 öre (Swedish pennies) worth. :)

Send me a PM if you want to discuss it more in detail.

Regards
/Perra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts