21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Can you PM me the spec list & possibly one pic? I'll talk to some French mates

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
one legal way to do it (i've looked into this for spain btw)...but you have to be a foreigner.

if you happen to have the car for longer than 6 months, and you're moving to spain, you CAN take it with you, and if you want to register you have to do the ITV and pay tax etc + registration cost....AND 10% value of the car. that is, AFAIK, the ONLY way to legally have a GTR in spain.

·
Registered
908 Posts
i hear somwhere for a homologation company that they are aout to close that loophole too, if the car you had isnt on the tüv list it wont pass either...
bast***s....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i hear somwhere for a homologation company that they are aout to close that loophole too, if the car you had isnt on the tüv list it wont pass either...
bast***s....
Please tell me your not talking about cars registered as Unico :nervous:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, he had an MP(3?) R33 GTR
He has a shop who sells ICE stuff
Really he can import any Skyline in Spain? Interesting...
yes, he is, and how my friend Hpt_simon tells, he has a R32 GT-R being built in PT.
About he is able to import and register only Skylines, is very interesting but I think that his cars will not be cheaper.
I've heard that a way to import an register a Skyline in Spain is a person who lives in UK bought the car, he registered the car in UK and passed MOT and then, he came to live here in Spain and he have to be registered in any Spanish city.
When he is registered(or he would have to have 2 addresses:in Uk and Spain), he would have to pass spanish MOT(ITV) and make new papers in order to register the car here.
Finished this, he would have to come back to UK and then, he would be able to sell the car in Spain.
I have read there are persons or import traders who import car through this way.
I dunno is so easy to make but... some people tell me is the only way nowadays:confused: :confused:

----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:sorry , is the same that mate bkvj have written

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
this thread is such an eye-opener.
i thought 'things' were a lot more chilled in mediterranean climes/the further south you go in europe?

·
Registered
918 Posts
forget it mate. dont be down because of uk's laws.
portuguese law is a major fcuk up in what comes to auto juristiction.
as i can see spanish is too.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
No Skylines in Spain?!!!

Great, there goes my plan of moving there in a few years! :(

Where else in EUROPE CAN I take my car with me?

:confused:

·
Registered
419 Posts
No Skylines in Spain?!!!

Great, there goes my plan of moving there in a few years! :(

Where else in EUROPE CAN I take my car with me?

:confused:
well , if you are thinking to move here(Spain), you could be a "guinea pig" when you tried to registered your car in Spain.
This is mate bkvj and me have told, the only way is to move to Spain with the car.
It sounds simply but I dunno how true is it;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was the update to this..

Can skylines be imported into Spain without a rain forest of paper work, they love so much.

I am resident in Gibraltar but will probably at a later date be resident in Spain, so I could import to Gib and then go to Spain.
There are Skylines in Gib and I have seen one locally on Spanish plates but didn't get chance to stop him and ask him how he went registering it in Spain

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Can skylines be imported into Spain without a rain forest of paper work, they love so much.

I am resident in Gibraltar but will probably at a later date be resident in Spain, so I could import to Gib and then go to Spain.
There are Skylines in Gib and I have seen one locally on Spanish plates but didn't get chance to stop him and ask him how he went registering it in Spain
I looked into this a long time ago and if the car has been registered in UK (or any other EU country) it should be as straight forward as importing any other car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know in theory, that should be the case. I've imported into Gib before, but was an old land rover pick up which I drove back from the UK. So that was nice n easy.

However, I'm thinking if the car isn't standard, which it won't be, the first ITV you take it for (if in Spain) they will have a field day with what isn't on the papers etc..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving this thread as the guy who got brought the car thinking it is registered in another EU country would fine and something will work out. The Spanish attitude rubbed off the wrong way...
Currently trying to find someone willing to do the homologation for the car. I spoke to Nissan and paid for the certificate that might help, but highly doubt it. Basically for any other car that has a COC (certification of Conformity), it's pretty easy, that said, Skylines or any other cars that have not formally been on sale in the EU do not have them. I think this is where Supras have the upper hand. I spoke to the guy at the ITV and he thinks with the certificate from Nissan and Homologation I should be good to go. If it works I'm going to reward the car with a nice fat turbo and ECU. Any here knows a reliable homologation office in Spain let me know, it doesn't matter as long as it's on the mainland. I'm currently in the Basque Country.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
So it's not easy to get even a UK car registered in Spain, remember R33 GTRs and R34 GTRs were sold in the UK but now we are out of the EU it might not matter. We have a villa in Spain and really to get any of the paperwork sorted you need to pay a consultant who "oils the wheels" with the paper pushers, very medieval but it works

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know in theory, that should be the case. I've imported into Gib before, but was an old land rover pick up which I drove back from the UK. So that was nice n easy.

However, I'm thinking if the car isn't standard, which it won't be, the first ITV you take it for (if in Spain) they will have a field day with what isn't on the papers etc..
HI Tasha,
Hows you ?
Skylines into GIB is easy , they can’t accurately value any car over 15 years old here.
There are classic cars in Spain so why would a skyline be an issue?
Wont be cost effective though,
who has skylines in gib ? There used to be a 33Gtr but I have not see that for years.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its getting worse and worse.
Government changed the Classic Car rule to 30 year old and MUST be 100%stock which I understand in these cars is nearly impossible.

As far as I understand, you can get the car registered doing a homologation specific for the car. This would be fine on any other EU country but Spain take its own stupid way to be eco-friendly (as always) and the homologation laboratories ask to comply with the emmisions regulation pressent when the car came into EU. I mean If you buy an R33 from UK right now, you'll be asked to comply with Euro6 emmisions regulation so same situation as importing from Japan right now.

HI Tasha,
Hows you ?
Skylines into GIB is easy , they can’t accurately value any car over 15 years old here.
There are classic cars in Spain so why would a skyline be an issue?
Wont be cost effective though,
who has skylines in gib ? There used to be a 33Gtr but I have not see that for years.
I bought that R33 GTR. Its with me atm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its getting worse and worse.
Government changed the Classic Car rule to 30 year old and MUST be 100%stock which I understand in these cars is nearly impossible.

As far as I understand, you can get the car registered doing a homologation specific for the car. This would be fine on any other EU country but Spain take its own stupid way to be eco-friendly (as always) and the homologation laboratories ask to comply with the emmisions regulation pressent when the car came into EU. I mean If you buy an R33 from UK right now, you'll be asked to comply with Euro6 emmisions regulation so same situation as importing from Japan right now.

I bought that R33 GTR. Its with me atm.
is it still on Gib plates ?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts