GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen/heard of many on here, they all seem to be down south (Essex mainly ;) )with a few in Scotland. In fact I have only ever seen one GTR on the roads up here before I bought my own?

Am I the only one, or are there some others?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Polar, I don't know how I missed that thread, and yes it is Spudguns old car, and I am enjoying every minute of it. :D

I will certainly be a the next 'northen meet'.

·
Registered
961 Posts
sutherners DO have better taste than notheners :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Northern Skylines

Simon
We are few and far between up here. A few got together in the Northwest recently - i tried a while back to see if there was any interest in meeting in yorkshire but the response made me think that perhaps i ought to change my deodorant.
sammy

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Sammy, I'm definately up for a meet. Surely there must be some others in and around Yorkshire... anyone?

·
Registered
961 Posts
urhmmm... wish i knew what grifter ment!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe he may be refering to the 80's pushbike 'Releigh Grifter', one of which I used to own. It had a 3 speed 'grip shift' which include a neutral and weighed about 3/4 of a tonne. :D

If you want more information then look here http://www.bixby.co.uk/grifter1.htm ;)

·
Supraman
148 Posts
Simon said:
I believe he may be refering to the 80's pushbike 'Releigh Grifter', one of which I used to own. It had a 3 speed 'grip shift' which include a neutral and weighed about 3/4 of a tonne. :D

If you want more information then look here http://www.bixby.co.uk/grifter1.htm ;)
Hmm, had one of them myself - think it was more like 3-4 tonnes. Rode mine into a Volvo once, and it caused more damage to the car than the bike :eek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dave - too much work - I never seem to get the time
these days

Anyone else snap the forks on their Grifter ???

·
Registered
91 Posts
Grifters

Ouch, Yes I did, jumped off four steps BMX style, landed, bent the forks and nearly went over the handle bars.

Still, great bikes though, loved my silver and black one much better than Choppers! Like you said they weighed a bit though!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Simon

I think you'd be surprised how many R32,R33 and R34 Skylines are in the North of England!

Both myself and my dad own R34's (which looks fantastic when both are highly polished and parked on the driveway :) ).

What really surprised me though was last Saturday I visited Rod Bell and he had 5 R34's GT-R's around the place and an R33 - all northern gt-r's too. Its not often you see that may R34 GT-R's all parked within a few meters of each other... I was the odd one out being the only R34 GT-R to be completely STANDARD :)

Trev

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
North East

I have a R33 and I am in the North East, there are four GTR's with in 20 miles of me, Just that some of them dont seem to use the Internet

Nigel

Edited for a typo

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi Simon,

I thought that there were many people from the North of the UK on the forums.
I'm from the Manchester area, but as such don't own a Skyline yet. (R32 GTS-t Coming next June)
I'm stuck with my Nissan March K10 at the moment. :( :rolleyes:

There is a Skyline for sale down at a local garage near me. It's an R32 GTS-t. I've also seen 2 other Skyline's for sale within a 5 mile radius of my home on Autotrader. :eek:

There are quite a few Skyline's viewable when I go to a performance car tuning place near me. I know a Chinese guy there who has a Bayside Blue R34 GTR V-Spec and a Honda S2000.

As we all know, not all people can be blessed with the gift of understanding computers though. :)

I'd definitely be up for one of the Northern meet's next year. If nobody else will be organising one next year, I think I can come up with a few idea's. *Ahem* Reebok Stadium *Ahem* ;)

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
507 Posts
awreet northern lad.

simon, dont be dupped, we northerner's are in the skyline capital of the uk, hell, we got middlehurst's. rod bell, hiteq and hyper-racing amongst others, and there's plenty of us owners about.
im from lancashire, and i know there to be quite a few skyline'rs within the region.
where are you at, give me a pm.

does anyone know of any future meets within the north west?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Me Too!

If your'e talking the ture north east, then NE of Newcastle is about as far as you can get.
Only seen two others in the area, although they were travelling south at the time. :smokin:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts