GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a question.
How many skyline's are in the UK alltogether? Whats your prediction?
Also how many Skyline's are in the USA? It should be easy:)

Thanks,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't know the definite number, I know the combine total is more then 60 and less then 70.

I know for sure there are 8 R34 GTR here:

1 02 V-spec II Nur :D
2 01 V-spec II
5 99 V-spec

I don't know the exact number of R32/R33 GTR.

There are a few R32 and R33 GTS-T. All R34s here are GTR.

These are the cars imported by Motorex and are street legal, there are a few Skyline here and there shipped in by Nissan or some other people for different purposes and are not street legal, I don't know how many of those cars there is here, but very few. Less then 5 I say.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff,

Thankyou for your reply. I didn't think there would be around 60 Skyline's in America. :eek:

Enjoy your NUR :D

Best Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It is still very few really, consider how many people and cars in the whole U.S.

Thanks, I am enjoying the Nur very much, driving it everyday, could be the most driven Nur in the world, I put on 4000 miles in 5 weeks :eek: :D

Jeff

·
Registered
253 Posts
Elliot

I know you are a bit of expert on these things but how many UK spec GTR Vspecs are in the UK.

mmmmmmmmm.......... I think you know what I mean, they wouldnt be anywhere alse would they?

Chris

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Chris,

I don't know how many Uk-Spec GTR V-Specs are in the UK :)
Middlehurst sold 100 R33's and 80 R34's though didn't they?

I don't know if any where exported to other country's :eek: although maybe if I e-mailed Middlehurst they would be able to say.

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did a search in Auto trader a week or so ago for 'SKYLINE' - nationwide. The results came back with exactly 50 for sale, and not one was a GTR, they were all GTS / GTST's. The bulk of them were 33's.

Just done it again tonight and there are now 103 for sale. Quite a few GTR's this time but the bulk are 33 GTST's again. Common as muck eh?............;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Biker,

Quite interesting. I've just checked Autotrader and I found 103 Skyline's for sale too. So there's about 180 cars from Middlehurst + 100 ish from Autotrader which is 280, and then there's the cars which are actually owned.

My prediction for the amount of Skyline's in the UK would be around 350
Anybody else want to guess?

-Elliot

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Elliot,

Oooh there must be more than that surely? If Auto trader has 100 or so for sale, that would mean 1 in 3 owners are looking to sell.....
So either, its not what most owners actually want (unlikely ! ) or theres quite a few more out there. IMHO I'd guess its nearer a 1000 , which gives us 1 in 10 selling. And that must be a higher ratio than for most other cars .
I've been interested in various imports for some years and check numerous garages, web sites etc now and again and have noticed a regular drip of them coming in. One Liverpool importer has just got 4 in for example this last week or so.
So we have 380 as one guesstimate, one for 1000 ish. Any more?

Bob

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Biker,

I work in the motor trade, and we get figures through as to how many and what models are registered year to date. I can check back and see previous years, but getting the total SVA'd might be a bit harder...

Leave it with me, this sounds like a bit of homework. I'll report back when I get a figure...

Andy T.

·
Registered
194 Posts
No probs, it'll take me a couple of days.

As a small side issue, any bets on what the most common colour will be? Mine's a whitey, and I reckon that or Blue's gotta be favorite!

Any advance on that troops?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Biker and Andy,

hmmmmm........ my initial guess at first was around 600, but then I thought about how many's for sale and how many UK-Spec one's Middlehurst have sold etc...

Sounds great Andy! Thanks for taking the time to find out :)
I would have to say that the most common colour would be blue. If you remember that there are quite a lot of Bayside R34's being imported to the UK, and don't forget the R33's ;)

Best Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
720 Posts
If your really interested try writing to the DVLA. Not sure if there give you that sort of information but worth a try. Tell them its for a school project or something.

Jason.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Jason :) Great idea! If they have an e-mail address, do you think it would be worth asking them by e-mail?

Thanks,
-Elliot

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good thinking Jason. Was already going down that line, as it's the only way to get the SVA'd numbers.

I would probably say about 7-750 myself, but I should have a more accurate figure tomorrow.

Andy.:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts