GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there....

Dont know if the owners use this forum at all but worth a shot.

Yesterday at trax in one of the track sessions there were 2 skylines on track at the same time- one a light color (R32 maybe) and one darker (R33?)...

Also on the track was a little vauxhall nova ;).....which was keeping with all the time and also overtaking these skylines a few times....

The skylines werent being driven softly either.

Not stirring anything- but just curious as to what they had done to the lumps etc.....as u can expect being overtaken by a nova is a little surprising..also would be good to hear from the guys driving the skylines reactions.

For anyone who knows the session im on about, then i can tell you the nova is far from standard, in engine, braking and suspension/chassis departments.....

Any info?

Freak

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Skylines on track

I was on track at 13.40

lee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was 10:40 session or thereabouts...Have to double check that time.

The skyline drivers would definately remember it....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
trax

there was about 3 skylines out at about that time r32 and two r33s could have easily gone faster but is a lot of money to bend

lee

·
Registered
515 Posts
'twas me

The 10:40 session with the Nova. I was in the Silver R32. That car was fast as ****. No doubts about that. It was a pukka rally car from my understanding. It made lots of loud noises when braking, like floating discs. I didn't get overtaken by it though...for the record I overtook it and gained about half a lap. Mine's only a little GTS though ;)

The seconds session I did (16:20) was the one to watch. I thought bugger it...if the marshalls black flag me I'm going home anyway ;)

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aha-quality

I know yours wasnt overtaken- but the other bluy/purpley one was....

You are correct- it is mentally fast...you will be amazed when you learn the capacity of the engine tho......1400cc !!

It is highly tuned tho...180BHP with a load of torque. Its running on throttle bodies etc...so yes rally kind of spec.

·
Registered
515 Posts
In that case

power to weight I'm sure he could do me in a straight line! What do they weigh....800kg or something stupid isn't it? Mine is about 1320kg with 240-50bhp.

I thought it was quite cool that he was killing lots of big power cars! ;) Class

I've come away with TRAX absolutely desperate for suspension, diff and about another 100bhp. Next year I will murder that 500bhp Cossie!

James

p.s. The other car was Tigger! Didn't **** your paint up with the gravel did you Tigs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well they weigh in the region of 800kg- but this one is stripped out fully, perspex windows etc...

Glad to see you being cool about it- some other boards get all arsey at the merest hint of another car being fast.

The Darker of the two was stunning looking and sounding by the way. very nice car indeed

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
errrrrrr.....yeah, thatwas me...the guy in the nova couldnt get past me until i took a trip in the gravel on my cold semi slicks....after that the whole front end was vibrating....so I did slow down!!!!! he got out later to chat to me....it wasnt even his nova, his mate had lent it to him......Drifty, I dont think it was major damage, I just closed my eyes when I got out the car!!! did another session later after checking the car.....oh, its mainly standard too!!

ps....not bad for a girly driving either!!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
ha ha

Yeah,

not bad for a girl. I'll have to make you a copy of the Initial D Extra Stage. On seconds thoughts....it might give you ideas!

James

p.s. Cheers for the ticket swap!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
yeah, cheers for the swap too!!!

I was gonna have a go at doing a bit of drifting, until I went gracefully sliding through the gravel....at least I managed to keep it going!!!!! did you hear the round of applause you got....magic!! and I cant believe no one saw me!!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
did you get any of me?

Did anyone else for that matter? A mate of mine video'd it, but did any of you get any vids pics of me?

James

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
No Nova

Hey, I didn't see any Nova justa lot of my own oversteer as I was on ordinary road P6000's (crap for circuit !!) I was out at 12-00, 13-00, 13-40 and 15-00 had a ballesp with Nick W, which reminds me Nick, didn't get you phone number ! PM me with it and I'll tell you all re the brakes !!!
All in all a good turn out by us Skyline Boys & Tigg !!! (damn missed you going off !!)
Steve

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Driftaholioc,

LMAO at the donuts in the car park at the end. Mucho entertainment for those bored out of their skulls in the queues on the way out.

Cem

·
Registered
515 Posts
he he

Had to show those Corolla boys how to do it. I was trying to get my mate to stand in the middle of my donuts and video it but he wasn't brave (or stupid) enough. ;) Nice to meet you by the way! I'm definately doing lots more Skyline days now I've got my new turbo and cooler coming this week!

James

1 - 20 of 24 Posts