Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver / Grey

Votes: 34 31.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know how many, but what colours are they. Some reckon Blue is most pop, some black, I say white. What do you reckon troops?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have voted for the colour of my car, I take it that was the idea ?
It just read like a poll on what colour do you reckon.

if that is the case I think the most popular colours are as follows.

R32 gunmetal grey.
R33 Midnight Purple.or silver..(there are a lot of silver ones on autotrader..
R34 Bayside Blue.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bang on Steve.

Everyone votes their own colour. If they can post a reply with it with for example in my case "R33 white", then we will know for sure what the most common colour is.

Come on the ******'s!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The comments are apreciated guys. The whole idea is in line with the Skyline USA / UK thread. We know how many there are in the country, so I thought it would be an idea if we also had a rough model mix/ colour mix.

I just picked the most likely colour groupings, apologies if your particular colour is missed. The idea is to get a general overview, not an in depth analysis!;)

It's never going to be 100% accurate, as (shame on them) some skyline owners won't read it as they don't visit the site.

Hope everyone who looks in will poll. As I say, it's to try and get a rough idea, that's all.

Thanks to you all who've answered.

Andy.:) :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi guys,

I believe I am the only Skyline owner in the US that visit this board, I think I can speak for all of them then :p

I know all the color of the R34 GTR here, since there are only 8 of them :rolleyes:

Both my V-spec II Nur and V-spec II (for sale) are white (QM1)

Other cars are as follow:

1 Bayside blue 01 V-spec II......it is the car on the BF goodridge ad in all the major U.S. automotive magazine.
1 black 99 V-spec........it has been repainted blue recently for the movie "fast and the furious 2".
1 Silver 99 V-spec.
1 white 99 V-spec.
2 bayside blue 99 V-spec, 1 is in LA, 1 is in Chicago.

To sum it up, 3 white, 3 blue, 1 black and 1 silver.

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
Hehe

Jeff, to say you live in a country 424 squillion square miles large, you certainly know alot about the 8 Skylines that are in the US!

Nice one!

mine is midnight purple with furry dice, magic trees, cheeky gear knob and weighty bass frequencies:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Glen,

It is not that hard, consider they are all imported by Motorex, I own 2 of them personally, I know 2 of the owners personally.

So there are only 4 other left, and I have seen them all at Motorex, I drove one of the 4, got a ride in the other one. You see it is a very small community here.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
yet I dont live in the UK or the US ,, wait I have been exiled from the US after Sept 11 lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
To be honest I aint that sure what type of blue my car is, I got a touch up pot from middlehurst for my car and it say saphire blue and matches. Does anyone have the same colour. Some day in the right light it looks purple, then very dark blue and then a sparkling blue.

I know I should know these things but hey I just enjoy driving the fkn thing...

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I think you may be referring to the same colour as mine

Look on the chasis plate for BN6, which I think is the colour code for it.

I think if I'm not wrong, its called Deep Marine Blue

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Black

My car is black, which looks great when its clean, but keeping it clean is a pain in the butt. Over here (Japan) at least where I am living I'd say that for R32's the most popular color is gunmetal grey (followed closely by white), for R33's it is definitely white and R34's maybe blue or white. Don't know why, but the Japanese seem to like white cars a lot!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: Black

Demon Dave said:
My car is black, which looks great when its clean, but keeping it clean is a pain in the butt. Over here (Japan) at least where I am living I'd say that for R32's the most popular color is gunmetal grey (followed closely by white), for R33's it is definitely white and R34's maybe blue or white. Don't know why, but the Japanese seem to like white cars a lot!
Because white GTR are the bomb :D

Sorry, can't resist to say that. :p

White is my favorite color, but color is just a personal preference, the truth is, Skyline look good in any color, even pink :eek:

Jeff

1 - 20 of 24 Posts