GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have always wonderd why a 500bhp ferrari weighing maybe 1000kg will do 200mph, a skyline running 600, 700 even 800bhp only has a top speed of 180-190mph and will always get thrashed by the ferrari or something in that league. i know a skyline weighs about 1500kg and the aerodynamics are not as good as a lambo or whatever so why do these supercars like ferrari and lambo's pushing small power in terms of the (skyline world) always be quicker in every statistic. we can put carbon fiber on our skylines and strip the intierer and get them as light as possible put much more power into the car and still we can not keep up??? a friend of mine has a 600bhp gtr33 and got blow away by a 911 turbo. what do i need to do to a gtr33 to beat most of the super car or just to keep up?????

·
Registered
432 Posts
If your on about top speed, then it all depends on the gear ratios, However an 800 BHP skyline should beat a 500 BHP ferrari as the GTR has more power and more grip form the 4wd system....

·
Registered
91 Posts
In my opinion it's obviously the power to weight ratio saga.
On say the bottom end of the scale a ferrari 355 would cost ,say 35 grand.A decent Lambo 75 grand.A Porsche 911 50 grand?That's a lot of money to spend on tuning our cars!besides you can't get in or out out of half of them anyway.Shit scared of giving it some stick,can't take it down the shops and so on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
skylinegtsturb said:
i have always wonderd why a 500bhp ferrari weighing maybe 1000kg will do 200mph, a skyline running 600, 700 even 800bhp only has a top speed of 180-190mph and will always get thrashed by the ferrari or something in that league. i know a skyline weighs about 1500kg and the aerodynamics are not as good as a lambo or whatever so why do these supercars like ferrari and lambo's pushing small power in terms of the (skyline world) always be quicker in every statistic. we can put carbon fiber on our skylines and strip the intierer and get them as light as possible put much more power into the car and still we can not keep up??? a friend of mine has a 600bhp gtr33 and got blow away by a 911 turbo. what do i need to do to a gtr33 to beat most of the super car or just to keep up?????
buy a Ferrari:p

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
Utter rubbish,this is a wind up,due to my thread earlier.

Had a a play with a Ferrari 360 today,on the track of course!

We were side by side and YES he was trying before you say anything!! He backed off at 120.
Very pleased with the work done by Abbey recently.

1.2 Bar
Hks Gtss turbos
660 injectors and cams.

460 Bhp..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TREG said:
Utter rubbish,this is a wind up,due to my thread earlier.

Had a a play with a Ferrari 360 today,on the track of course!

We were side by side and YES he was trying before you say anything!! He backed off at 120.
Very pleased with the work done by Abbey recently.

1.2 Bar
Hks Gtss turbos
660 injectors and cams.

460 Bhp..
thank god are you telling me you was out doing a ferrari on a track because if that is what you are saying then you are my hero and i must know roughly what you have done to your skyline and what model it is...

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
skylinegtsturb said:
thank god are you telling me you was out doing a ferrari on a track because if that is what you are saying then you are my hero and i must know roughly what you have done to your skyline and what model it is...

The spec is already stated above and its a Gtr 33.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'd take on a Ferrari or a Porsche down the quarter, no worries, at higher speeds however, like is mentioned above, i'd have no chance because of power to weight, aerodynamics etc..

Still, my car cost one tenth of the price, and where on GB roads can u really max a lambo out?

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
leggus said:
I'd take on a Ferrari or a Porsche down the quarter, no worries, at higher speeds however, like is mentioned above, i'd have no chance because of power to weight, aerodynamics etc..

Still, my car cost one tenth of the price, and where on GB roads can u really max a lambo out?

Your right mate,where can you even max a Skyline out on GB roads?

What spec is your 32?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Which Bristol road??????? lol

No way the one in Brum... A38 towards Brownhills is better ;)

·
6,821 Posts
. . . I played several times with Gallardos in luxembourg, my GTS R32 400HP (striped out) gives them a lesson each times on the highway . . . until I rescue myself out in the next exit:nervous: . . because it is coming damn closer in the mirror after I took it down while doubleing . . . .

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
my my supercar blabber Ferrari, Lambos etc power/weight means jack in top speed its all about Aerodynamics at high speeds,,, and ya ok a Skyline will need more HP to achive say 200 Mph,, but I will get to 200 WAAAY before that Ferrari or the phat Lambo owner.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
leggus said:
Which Bristol road??????? lol

No way the one in Brum... A38 towards Brownhills is better ;)

i was never aloud in the posh side of town ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so a skyline running say 550-600bhp with the right setup and weight loss of about 150-200kg should beat or at least keep up with a lambo and other supercars excluding the monsters like enzo and buggatti.??????????

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
skylinegtsturb said:
a skyline running 600, 700 even 800bhp only has a top speed of 180-190mph
Where did you get that impression from :confused: :confused: 800hp Skyline easely do 200+mph, I've even seen 600hp Skyline abow 190mph.

Forgot these videos?? It was even his earlier stage of tune not even pushing close to the power he has NOW

Video 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3247362395588211337&q=Kismo

Video 2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8251231956222488029&q=Skyline+High+speed

A greatly tuned Skyline will reach 190 - 200 mph quicker then any of their spaghetti cars

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
skylinegtsturb said:
friend of mine has a 600bhp gtr33 and got blow away by a 911 turbo. what do i need to do to a gtr33 to beat most of the super car or just to keep up?????
Your Friend should get a better tuner or learn to put his car in second gear .
600 bhp tuned gtr ,should not have too much trouble with a 911.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts