GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm a member of a few other skyline forums about but I've been looking at a few things on here so thought it was about time I signed up and said hi.

Can't post a pic due to my post count, but will soon.

I've got a 1996 Nissan Stagea RS4.
Bought it about a year and a half ago for the bargain price of £1,100, when it was completely standard and the only issues were rust on the strut tops and under the wing mirrors.

The rust was the first thing to change, followed by a lot of work over the past year or so, the main stuff being:
Manual conversion
Bc racing coolers (lowered by about 2 inches)
Skyline front seats
Japspeed fmic
Hks bov and induction kit
350z wheels
Gtst brakes
Poly bushed suspension
Sabelt harnesses
Link g4 ecu mapped by mb automotive

All works been done by me with the help of friends (one of who is a mechanic with his own unit who got abused when I did the gearbox switch). The exception is the ecu and mapping.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Welcome along Liam

I own a 1999 RSfour myself for my daily driver. Glad to see someone else seeing their potential.

Will be interested to know how you thought the Japspeed fmic fitted (D1 type?).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Yeah it's the D1 intercooler, was easy enough to fit, just had to trim the bottom of the bumper a bit. Doesn't give quite the cooling I was after though, got a greddy one coming from Japan so will have to cut the wing and relocate the washer bottle.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
welcome - another stagea owner on the GTRoc :wavey:

I am actually in the process of removing a full width front mounted intercooleer as am fitting a 100mm one. ( needed as I have a step two 2.8 in mine )
that has fitted without any cutting and it is big

fmics fit quite easily with a nismo front but might need some cutting with a stock front.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

Did you have to relocate the washer and if so what sort did you use instead?

Literally just got a letter from parcel force for import charges so the intercooler is in the country! I'm out of it for two weeks so will have to wait till then to get it.

I'm after a new front bumper as mine currently has the number plate bit cut out of it to actually get some air to the cooler. Want something that doesn't look overly sporty as I'm trying to keep a sleeper look, possibly a 260rs or theres a nice takeros one I like, but sourcing them is always fun =/

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
We need pics Liam ;)

Brian - drop me some details on the fmic please

Liam - your stock bumper doesn't have the bottom lip intact by chance? I'm after something's for fettling with (any condition as it's going to be cut up :)).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the late reply, been away for two weeks.

They'll be pics as soon as my post count is high enough!

The lip is in tact, bit of laquer peel but sounds like that won't bother you! Welcome to it when I replace the bumper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, finally got a bit of time, so the specs at the moment are as follows:

1996 Nissan Stagea RS4

Engine:
RB25DET 2.5 Litre Turbo
Link G4 ECU Remapped By MB Automotive
Skyline R32 GTR Gearbox
Competition Stage 2 Clutch
Braided Clutch Line
HKS Mushroom Air Filter
Japspeed D1 Front Mounted Intercooler
HKS SSQV 4 Blow Off Valve
3" Downpipe
3" Decat Pipe
3" Blitz Nur Spec R Cat-back Exhaust

Chassis:
BC Racing Coilovers
Whiteline front and rear anti roll bars with heavy duty drop links
Super Pro poly bushes
17" Nissan 350z Alloys
R33 GTS-T Callipers Painted Yellow With Red Stuff Pads And EBC Dimpled And Grooved Discs
Braided Rear Brake Hoses

Exterior:
Semi-debadged rear
Fog light relocated to cluster

Interior:
R33 GTR Front Seats
Driver and Passenger Sabelt Double Release 4 Point Harnesses
R34 Skyline GTT Mats

ICE:
Alpine iDA-X305 Head Unit
Alpine Type R Door Speakers

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Thats a nice spec list. I didn't realise GTST callipers were an upgrade mind (assuming that's why you upgraded).
And I've been considering 350z rims myself :)

The lip is in tact, bit of laquer peel but sounds like that won't bother you! Welcome to it when I replace the bumper.
And thank you very much - I'll take you up on that and sort you out - very much appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, standard brakes are shocking. It's a very simple upgrade, basically just bolt straight on, just have to cut the lip off the brake shield for them to fit.
Love the 350z alloys, smarten it up while keeping a standard look. Front ones required spacing by 5mm though, else the centre caps didn't go on properly.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Yeh I'm on stock on mine too. Had considered better pads and disks, but knowing my my GTR was like is considered brembo's (not pennies mind). Will looking into it thanks

Yeh - I like the stock look. Are you running staggered widths or the same all round?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Think I'll be going to brembos when I can afford them, just about to shell out some big money on power.

Same size all round.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going for around the 400hp mark, got a nice hybrid turbo sourced, along with front facing plenum and all the supporting mods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got all the parts now, just used up all my holidays for this year. Will take a week off work in the new year and get everything fitted. Been having some issues with getting parts imported but will hopefully have some new asthetic parts coming soon as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been a while since I've posted on this. Been collecting bits up, got a hybrid turbo, bigger fmic, greddy style plenum and all supporting bits and pieces together, just need to find some time to get it all sorted. Currently having to repair rusty strut tops again which is a bit annoying. Had some parts come from Japan (thanks Matty and the rest of the guys at Newera), some wind deflectors:

And a Masa body kit:

The body kit won't be going on til I've got the power up, but love the look of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts