GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys ive taken my car out of the garage today to give it a blast,and noticed that theres a little bit of bubbling on the wheal arches, very small and it looks like its just lifting the paintwork slightly,its mainly on the front wings but obviously i want to catch this as early as possible,my question is should i get the body shop to remove and respray the wings,or replace the wings with new ones,I've also noticed that knight racer do vented fibre glass wings,(are they any good,fitment and quality wise) your help wand input would be much appreciated,

simon

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds like you have caught it early, just get it to a good body shop they should be able to cut it out but remember its like a disease if you see rust the size of a 5p piece it usually 3-4 times that size so make sure the body shop are proficient in restoration work.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just get the body/paint shop to sort it, thats the cheapest easiest option. But fibreglass vented wings sound pretty dam cool :D know idea about quailitly of fitment though, sorry.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
hi guys ive taken my car out of the garage today to give it a blast,and noticed that theres a little bit of bubbling on the wheal arches, very small and it looks like its just lifting the paintwork slightly,its mainly on the front wings but obviously i want to catch this as early as possible,my question is should i get the body shop to remove and respray the wings,or replace the wings with new ones,I've also noticed that knight racer do vented fibre glass wings,(are they any good,fitment and quality wise) your help wand input would be much appreciated,

simon
let the bodyshop sort it for you instead unless you are actually buying a brand new wings and have it painted which i believe is more expensive route. i dont think the body shop need to take off your old wing(s) just to sort out the bubble. fiberglass/carbon replacements are risky. they may not be perfect fit and need some modifications, then youll end up doing more labor hours and repaint it to your color code which is another expensive route. of course depending how much you want to splash on.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hmm the only paintwork that gets done on mine is a full paint removal to bare metal then respray.

Just make sure they remove all of the rust otherwise a year or two down the road you'll be buying new wings/repainting :(

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the replays, the car is back in the garage at the moment, but its hard to see the rust bubbles i didn't even notice it until i took the car to the bodyshop across the road from me,as i was getting a quote for a bumper respray, the guy walked around the car and started pointing out defects ,which was gutting but it will have to be done,I've spent around £32,000 on the car getting the engine and other bits the way i want,so a couple of grand more won't make much difference,its like a labour of love i go to work and the car spends my money,:chuckle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts