GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car appear to have developed a strange high pitch whine sound from the front drivers side wheel/axel when travelling at slow speeds. It's almost sounds the same as you'd get when you run a wet finger around the rim of a wine glass. The sound goes when stationary but will reappear if I release the brake to creep forward.

It's pretty annoying, especially when travelling slowly and typically in carparks. You don't know if it's the car turning heads or they think I'm dragging a cat under the splitter.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any clues?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, looks clean. It only makes a sound when I release the brake when there's no contact on the rotor.

It's going into the HPC tomorrow for a check over.

·
Registered
938 Posts
i bet it's a bit of grit caught betwixt the "rotor" or brake disc and the calliper. Had this many times in the impreza but only once so far in the GT-R. You can often cure it by driving a few yards in reverse, then the grit drops out and the noise goes. Worth a try anyway

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately the HPC couldn't find anything despite having it on the ramps at the weekend and taking a good look. The squeal still persists.

I don't think it's grit. It's done it for a couple of weeks now and sure it would have popped out during this time.

Any more ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts