GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its one thing after another at the moment...... the final straw has just come in the form of the stereo system packing up and a NHPC telling me my chassis number is not one with a 5yr extended warranty.

Time for a change me thinks

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Its one thing after another at the moment...... the final straw has just come in the form of the stereo system packing up and a NHPC telling me my chassis number is not one with a 5yr extended warranty.

Time for a change me thinks
don't say this man, ive just bought one and am so paranoid as it is!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't say this man, ive just bought one and am so paranoid as it is!
To be fair, I've had mine for just over 12 months and she has been an absolute beaut to own. Just recently she has started to play up a bit with stupid niggling things that nissan want a small mortgage to sort out.

So for me, its time for a change.

·
R35 Section manager
11,263 Posts
Every car goes through problems mate. My 33 had a flurry of issues but 5 years previous to that nothing.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every car goes through problems mate. My 33 had a flurry of issues but 5 years previous to that nothing.
Agreed..... I wouldn't mind if it were mechanical faults. Its the electronic faults that grip my shit lol

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
All cars have issues, just get the little niggles sorted and you'll probably find she's as good as gold from then on...... Said on a previous post, all cars have em.... You jump out of this car in to an unknown car that could suffer just as many if not more faults.....

What are you likely to change to dude?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thinking of something completely different and going for a 335d BMW and remapping it.

Shit did I just say I was going to get out of a GTR and into a diesel lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LMFAO!!!!

Seems like a logical move... go from a high performing beast of a motor to a mundane, bland slow motor that will bore you in to a comma

Slow?
I wouldn't call a 335d slow, unless you're putting it against a GTR. I'm looking for something a bit different now which is why I've decided to look at BMW.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Slow?
I wouldn't call a 335d slow, unless you're putting it against a GTR. I'm looking for something a bit different now which is why I've decided to look at BMW.
I had an evolve mapped E91 57 plate and was lovely car. Lots of torque. But getting stuck on my drive over winter (rwd) And the annoying 6 speed auto meant it made way for an e70 x5 40d with the far better 8 speed auto.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
not fancy a C63 AMG then? plenty of poke, sound epic and has more toys than the 335 :)

+1 on this, heard one in Bournemouth the other day, I was getting a Coffee with the GT-R parked outside, and the C63 AMG owner clearly saw a GT-R parked there and so give it some. Nearly made some stains in my pants at the noise! Was god-like.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Slow?
Bit ironic!

Looking for something a bit different? It is a bit different from the gtr sure but it is the same as every other car on the road. You are going from one of the rarest to one of the most common cars available.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Think very carefully about this as ive recently just done what you are thinking of and I regret it very much.

After owning a few cars like a 400hp sti impreza then a E60 M5 , I eventually managed to buy a Kuro black 09 GT-R from Nobles in Edinburgh.

As time went on I got so fed up of the attention it got and absolutely everyone trying to race you or coax you into racing them in there transit vans and saxos/clios etc until it got to the point where I just didn't want to go out in it.

I then bought another E60 M5 and whilst still an awesome car , its never filled the hole that the GT-R has left and as a result the M5 will be getting sold once im back from working offshore and ill be getting another GTR and im not going to let people get in the way of enjoying it again

I honestly deeply regretted getting rid of my GTR and nothing you will buy will even come close.

Just my opinion , but honestly have a really good think about it.

cheers

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Grant speaks sense, The GT-R is so balanced between attention, performance, price etc there's not a car that can really match this balance.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
C63 is a lovely car but it's worth noting that the new ones suffer from overheating gearboxes. Admittedly it's only when really pushing on but the front bumper design has caused some issues. Experienced this first hand btw. Mate also over heated his twice whilst trying to keep pace with me over a 10 min period across the black mountains :chuckle:

Sounds epic though and loves to slide around :bowdown1:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts