GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning while checking my oil & water i noticed some brownish looking sludge under my rad cap ,car drives fine & have just completed a London to Brum round trip & no problems .

Should i be worried ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would flush/drain the system down. Run a hose pipe supply of water through the radiator to clean it. Is it an original or after market radiator?. Start to worry when you start to see "mayo" floating in the water..

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I would flush/drain the system down. Run a hose pipe supply of water through the radiator to clean it. Is it an original or after market radiator?. Start to worry when you start to see "mayo" floating in the water..
As above and check your headgasket aswell.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx

dRIVES alright ,temps-pressure normal just went for a blast with an evo car felt nice .
But why the sludge where did that come from ****** .

·
Registered
32 Posts
It doesn't take a lot of oil in your water to give a sludge. When was the last coolant change? You don't happen to wipe your cap with the oily rag?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would defiantly drop the coolant and flush it. More than likely nothing to worry about as you said it was brown (I'm guessing rusty colour) and not cream. But it's always worth checking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts