GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
:D

good work sir!

One question, I'm not yet an owner (soon to be), what is it that makes the front wheel drive kick in? is it only when sliding?

The reason I ask is I thought that once the traction had gone at the rear, the front kicked in to help????

Nick

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in R32's you can disable the front drive by pulling a fuse or wiring in a switch like I have done .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Fuses

Luke Emmott said:
Souns fun... possibly dangerous with me behind the wheel but fun all the same. What fuse???

Luke
top left in the fuse box under the dash , it also disables ABS at the same time its in 2wd . :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice burnout :smokin:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I've heard a number of people say this can damage the front/rear LSD. A garage with a dyno only capable of testing only 2WD cars would drop the fuse and drive shaft so as not to cause damage, I read a while back. They were talking about the R33/R34 I think though.

(edit - I should add: they believed it may cause damage and did not want to take any chances)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes , for any extended amount of time it will cause damage , the burnouts were 2 x 5 seconds each so wouldnt have hurt much . when I put the car on the dyno I remove the front driveshaft .
:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Whats the spec of your car Brenhan?. I've seen a few pics of your engine bay on the sdu forum, and it looks like a good setup.

Jason.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
standard bottom end for now , T04R sized turbo , 45mm external wastegate , HKS 280 degree cams , 550cc injectors , 100mm thick bar and plate intercooler , Haltech E6K management , I am making 550 hp on a dynapac (hub dyno) at 1.2 bar boost and that also maxes out my injectors (a/f 11.5 ) that is on 98 Ron fuel .

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thats an impressive power figure @ 1.2bar, what's the lag like with the t04 ?. 280 degree exhaust cam must help with spooling it a little quicker. What sort of power you looking for when you have the larger injectors?.

I'm going to a big single, and I'm interested to know what rpm your turbo starts boosting.

Jason.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on an identical dyno , with the same cams , a car with GT2540's is 400 rpm later to come on boost and has far less midrange . I am making reasonable boost by 3800 rpm. I would like to get 700 hp but I will see what happens :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Are the cams your running Stage 1 or Stage 2, I may get get my head machined to take a higher lift cam. I believe that 9.15mm of lift is the max on the standard setup. Have you any experience of the HKS 'Step 2' kit?, it comes with the springs, cam, and adj pulleys.
Do you get that wonderful throaty idle sound, with the cams your running?.

700hp sounds like a good target.

Interesting what you said about the 3540's, I nearly went for these, but ended up buying a t88.

Jason.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the cams I have are the top of the step 2 range , 10.2mm lift , I got them with springs but I already had adjustable pullies so didnt get them . yes it sounds nice when it idles :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you know how much machining is involved to allow enough space for the extra lift?, cant see you would need to skim very much off. Only being a couple of mm's diffrence.

Jason.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah , its not much , its all in the instructions that come with the cams , I had another guy set up the valve heights and stuff so dont know exactly how much he machined , it all looked ok though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks Brenham, I'm going with 272' inlet and 272' exhaust with about 10.5mm of lift. Think thats best suited for what I need.

Jason.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts