GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed my water temp has been creeping up in traffic! when i had a look i noticed the small fan at the front ( the air con one) never comes on! i checked the fan its self and that works but it never comes on even when i put the air con on any ideas what the prob could be? cant be doing with sending it to the garage!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
you need sky high water temps, over 90, before it kicks in. Mine has been rewired to come on anytime I'm using the A/C. It definitely helps to run the A/C a LOT cooler, especially when stuck in traffic.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
i have noticed my water temp has been creeping up in traffic! when i had a look i noticed the small fan at the front ( the air con one) never comes on! i checked the fan its self and that works but it never comes on even when i put the air con on any ideas what the prob could be? cant be doing with sending it to the garage!:thumbsup:
No really sure but I'd wonder about having high water temps. I'd have a crack at draining your rad. See what the water's like - if it's grungy then you'll probably need to sort it out.

Might be worth checking for cold spots on the rad too.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the engine fan is the one which flows air to the radiator. The aircon fan not working should have negligible effect on water temp.

Do you only have heating probs when stationary then?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I've never noticed mine running fwiw

·
Registered
186 Posts
yea i resolved this by taking the fan out all together :)
mine was overheating in the end due to the main viscous fans clutch not engaging properly.
Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the overheat fan? I checked the fuse box in the engine bay. There are sections indicating 'FAN MOTOR' - which doesn't have any fuses them. However, I believe those are for my old clutch fan. That was replaced wtih an electric fan...

**EDIT**
I finally found the problem. Looks like my car was rewired when the clutch fan was replaced with the electric fan. The A/C -Overheat- is totally disconnected from the car's electrical system. That's why I overheat during traffic sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts