GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having collected this R32 a few weeks back, I drove it About 40 miles on the motorway and put it straight in the garage.

The car has been pretty neglected over the past few years I'd say with a few cowboy types jobs carried out.

The front screen is getting replaced due to huge crack, footwell side panels missing and wires a mess, arm rest centre console broken and two terrible line lock and launch switches, no sound deadening, duct tape in use to hold bit of car together and again just bad wiring. Bonnet out of line, front indicators rubber seal is corroded and there is none at the rear................lots of little things...

The bonus on the car is that Ron at RK just built the bottom end and guarantees the car is spot on. Everything felt tight on my little test run and drive to garage, but am addressing all the issues above first before we look at the mapping as its running very rich (plugs soaked) and smells and is very black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A naughty hidden find....

But Steve has said he forgot it was there and is paying for the paint as its a bit of a scratch!!!

Text Font Logo Graphics

Ceiling Line Wall Stairs Material property

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just gone into body shop to get rid of the nasty scratch and a crack of paint of rear bumper.

Anyone know of someone else running this top secret G force bonnet?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like it has had a hard life along with cowboys and repairs. Paint all the exposed carbon bits and turn it into a track car.
To be honest I'm not sure what I'm doing. I'm going to get it on the road in a month or so and see how I enjoy it. If I do I'll probably repaint it and change some of the carbon parts just to make it a little less loud as I wont really be tracking it I doubt.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I think it is a great base from what I've seen and the parts its got.

Still have not seen one other car with this Gforce bonnet though. Anyone? Any suppliers sold any?? The bottom line doesnt match the shape of the headlights and grill.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts